“Perfect weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Elan Hunter Valley

You added Chateau Elan Hunter Valley to your Saves list
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Vintage Drive, Rothbury, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rothbury
“Perfect weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having just stayed at the Chateau Elan for the weekend, I have to say, my partner and I have been blown away. The Chateau Elan is a stunning estate with manicured lawns, absolutely gorgeous villas, amazing views and brilliant facilities, but what really shone out for us was the staff. In particular Aaron, who single-handedly made our weekend so special. After arriving on the Friday night we are already late for a dinner reservation and had no transport sorted, he called the restaurant and took us himself, then hours later, came to pick us up. We were in a similar situation the following night and even though the resorts team were short staffed, the service did not disappoint. Again Aaron was our knight in shining armour, with a smile and a story he really did make our weekend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Many thanks to Joe Spagnolo and his talented staff at the chateau elan, for an amazing five day vacation. This estate is beyond comparison for excellence in service, delicious food, relaxing spa and amazingly comfortable rooms. To be treated as family by Joe and his staff is welcoming and reassuring, and has made our special occasion very memorable. Thanks team.

• Stayed September 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a lovely weekend getaway at the Chateau Elan, Hunter Valley. Hubby enjoyed a round of golf at The Vintage whilst I enjoyed a couple of hours in the Day Spa. It was a wonderfully relaxing weekend. The service was lovely and the staff at golf course restaurant were very professional and a welcome sight in the morning!

It was lovely staying in the Spa Suite and enjoying a few glasses of bubbly whilst relaxing in the spa.

The one downside was that we discovered the room hadn't been cleaning properly prior to our stay with some rose petals remaining under the bed from a previous lodger... bit disappointing.

I would have also liked a bit of a surprise in our room given the price we paid and that I had booked for a romantic weekend away.

Room Tip: The Spa Suite is gorgeous!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Chateau Elan for one night, which was not long enough to experience the beauty of this hotel. We were in the Hunter Valley for a friends wedding. The Accommodation and venue is absoutley amazing. We stayed in a spa Room, the room was immaculate,clean and the bed was so comfortable. The views of the golf course were so nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice, classy weekend away. The hotel is positioned close to all wineries and restaurants. The service was also great with helpful reception staff. We will definately be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed this past weekend, and while I love the location and the spa suites are lovely and spacious, just a few things let them down. I am not sure how to get 5 star service at these places, is there a trick to it?! My husband booked the suite on our wedding night a year ago to the day, and had to pay for the roses and champagne at that time, and this year I mentioned upon check in that it was our first wedding anniversary, and again at check out, but no one seemed to care! How hard would it be for them to put a note on the booking my husband made and then email him when the anniversary date was approaching, maybe offering a gift for the return visit, or even make a bit of a fuss? It's not hard for these little touches that make guests feel like it was worth paying top dollar. Also; the beds are like marshmallows, difficult to even get out of they're so ridiculously soft, and the towels were nice and fluffy but reeked of chlorine. These little things all make it a 4 star stay, not a 5 star one. But; you can't beat the views and the staff were friendly enough. Might try somewhere different next year though.

Mooloolaba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had organised a conference at the 5 star resort - Chateau Elan in the Hunter Valley. The team, including General Manager Joseph Spagnola made my delegates feel very welcome. The personalised service just seemed to go on forever. At the end of the conference, one of the delegates had car trouble, unfortunately the rest of the group had left for their destinations. The staff at the Chateau had no hesitation in driving my stranded delegate 30 minutes to the next town to arrange a hire car. I thank you and your Team Joe, for making my conference a huge success.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Chateau Elan for our First Wedding Anniversary and it was absolutely amazing! We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa which was great, lovely and new, quality furnishings and great view. We absolutely loved the spa and the open fire place in the room! I was surprised with the 'Romantic Arrival' of silk rose petals on the bed and bedroom floor and a bottle of bubbles on ice which took my breath away! It was also nice to see Kangaroos quite often around the grounds of the resort. The bed was unbelievable, and I believe they are specially made by AH Beard and can be purchased. The restaurant and food was also wonderful, and the staff in all areas were first class. We would DEFINITELY stay again and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chateau Elan Hunter Valley? Share your experiences!