“"The highlight of our trip to Australia!"” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Rothbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Ogishi Craft Centre is a Work of ArtOgishi Art Glass + Ogishi Art Chocolate+Glass Jewellery + Textile + Ceramics + PaintingGlassblowing lessons + Accommodation
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
“"The highlight of our trip to Australia!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our beautiful pieces of art will remind my daughter and I of the wonderful time that we had in Australia. Setsuko and Yutaka at the Ogishi Craft Center are a warm friendly couple and we were fortunate to have had the time to learn about their lives, taste their delicious coffee and handcrafted chocolates & browse in their showroom. We are grateful to Yutaka for going out of his way to find us after we lost our way in Hunter Valley. They explained the process thoroughly in a fun and exhilarating way. Yutaka was so animated and encouraging throughout the entire process. Setsuko's finesse made sure that our pieces were show worthy. It was thrilling to see our creation come life from a blob of glowing redness. It was a fine way to end Keiko's Study Abroad experience and for me to spend quality time with her. This is a memory that will last forever.

Visited June 2012

Marks Point
“Something different and absolutely wonderful to experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had a great time at Ogishi Craft Centre. I purchased this as an "experience gift" for my partner - it was something I thought would be a little out of the square to do and "learn", with our creations to show at the end.
Which while they may not be the masterpieces that Setsuko and Yutaka create, they are pretty good for first timers - thankfully you are guided the whole way through your session so you do end up with something amazing, very much looking forward to showing our skills off to family and friends when they come over.
Setsuko and Yutaka have such a passion for this, that from the time you start you feel comfortable and as enthusiastic as they are while they explain what and how to do, by the time we left we felt very welcomed into their space.
I would highly recommend giving Ogishi Craft Centre a visit and plan a glass blowing lesson. Brilliant.

Marks Point
“Wow, what a great thing to do !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I guess a good measure of what a great time we had is that we didn't stop talking about the glass blowing all the way home, and then next day, and the next......... Being carefeuly and safely guided by Setsuko and Yutaka, we made our wonderful master pieces. Well to us they are master pieces. I must admit i had no idea just how intricate and skillful this process was. All in all i cant recommentd this experience enough. It was fun, its was interesting, but most of all is was delivered by a couple who obviously enjoy seeing up enjoy ourselves. Gold Star to Ogiishi Craft Centre, i have told all our friends and colleagues.

Byron Bay, Australia
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Last weekend I did the workshop glass blowing with a friend. It was a great experience! From the moment you walk in the workshop you can feel the passion and love for glass. Setsuko and Yutaka are determined to give you a great experience. They explain every detail in the making of glass, which is great and makes you respect the art of glassblowing even more. After the explanation and practice it is time for the real work! This means concentrating and going through all the steps. Setsuko and Yutaka accompany you with every step, so you don't have to worry you end up with nothing ;-) It is surprising and great to see the result of your own creation! I really recommend the workshop, it is something different and a lot of fun. Would love to do it again!

Sydney
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I purchased this glass blowing experience for my fiance's birthday. It was a fantastic experience for both him and for me, the observer. Setsuko and Yutaka were such enthusiastic and wonderful teachers. They provided excellent guidance through the whole process, ensuring we were both confident with the steps involved. Even though I wasn't participating in the glass blowing itself, Setsuko and Yutaka ensured I was involved and included in the experience. We not only learnt so much about the art of glass blowing but also had such a good time, sharing many laughs along the way, mostly due to the enthusiasm of our instructors. Would definitely recommend this experience to friends and family.

Visited April 2012