Having been recommended to stay here by a friend of ours we had high expectations however a number of things let this place down.
Firstly, the positives:
- good location in the centre of noronha with easy access to a supermarket, taxi rank and tour guides.
- reasonably priced approx 260 rls per night in comparison to other pousadas however looking back, I would have rather paid a little more for a better quality stay.
- english speaking.
- telephone, fridge and air con in rooms.
- great potential to make this a nice place as it is fairly modern with nice surroundings.
- they required 100% payment in advance and having had a bad stay we wanted to leave early and they refused to refund us the full amount. After some conversations via the receptionist to the owner (who was not on site at all) we settled at 80%.
- breakfast would have been ok however all the cakes and bread was left open with flies frequently present.
- rooms were clean however we woke up every morning with more and more bites on our legs - this was the biggest problem we had with the place. Given they were appearing at night the only conclusion we could reach was that it was bed bugs or fleas. We had to request for our sheets to be changed which they should have already done within 3 days anyway.
- given it was rainy season the pousada should really improve the walkway to the main house. It was not a pleasant experience having to wade through the grass and mud to get to the entrance every evening we wanted to go out.
Overall our visit to noronha was still amazing it is a beautiful island and the beaches are stunning. Summer season is sept to feb to weather wise it is best to go then. However in april we still managed to get 3 days out of 5 which were mainly sunny. Definitely recommend the boat tour, hiring a buggy and the morning trek to praia de atalia.
The island is expensive so be prepared. Best restaurants were at ze maria, maravilha, varanda and mergalao...
This pousada wasn't all bad... The bed bugs were the biggest concern, the rest was manageable considering you are out most the day anyway.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pousada Simpatia da Ilha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Simpatia Da Ilha Fernando De Noronha, Brazil