“Oh dear, not quite Wimbledon” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 Attractions in Queens
Type: Parks, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: A great NYC park for people-watching, this was the site of previous World Fairs and offers visitors bicycle paths, the Queens Wildlife Conservation Center, a carousel, freshwater fishing, indoor ice-skating rink and marina.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
“Oh dear, not quite Wimbledon”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Went to the US Open at Flushing. It was a poor experience compared to Wimbledon. So many of the staff had no idea where to find things. Four of them could not direct me to first aid ! At close of play the escalators were turned off and it's a difficult walk down from the fourth tier. Rubbish piled up everywhere as no bins were emptied during the day. As a captive audience, you expect silly prices but USTA did excel ! Wanted the experience but will spend my time and money in Wimbledon in future.

Visited September 2013

Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
“A terrific park to relax and play, never too crowded!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The World's Fair relics are easy to spot from the highway and they are very cool and interesting. The Unisphere is gigantic and has fountains you can frolic in when the weather is hot. Lots of families and children, a skate park and a museum too! I never had a problem parking (free!) and it's never been over-crowded, even when the U.S. Open is happening. It's a great place to hang out, clean and safe.

Visited August 2013
Sweden
8 attraction reviews
“Nice to visit and look at Worlds Fair -64 locations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I visited here back in 2012. We had read about World Fair and I wanted to visit this place and see what was left from the fair in 1964. Easy to access by subway and a perfect one hour walk makes it possible to see the whole thing

Visited October 2012
Detroit, Michigan
71 attraction reviews
“Depends on Your Reason for Going”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went for one reasons only: to see the leftover bits from the 1964 NY World's Fair. Going to that fair was my first plane ride and my first visit to New York. I had only nostalgia to draw me and am glad that I went. I discovered the park as a result of seeing the "ruins." The park is a bit down at the heels except around the U.S. Open Tennis complex. It was fun to try to recreate in my mind all I had experienced. Youtube helped with that after the fact. If you are a tennis fan, go. If you attended the World's Fair, go. It was sad seeing it neglected but then I live in Detroit so am used to that and worse.

Visited August 2013
Queens, New York
“Hall of Science, Zoo and Carousel plus a good place to lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Been there over dozen times in my lifetime. It's just a good place to hang out. I'm not sure I'd go here as a tourist. I mean there's a zoo which is nice but if I was a tourist, I'd do the Bronx Zoo for sure. The Museum of Science is fun for kids, it's your typical science museum. The Carousel is cute. It's just a great large park if you want to lounge. On weekends people play soccer and bbq here. Sometimes there are special events like boat races, you'd have to google the dates. If you're from NY or you're visiting from upstate and you want something locally to do in Queens, it's a nice day. The Tennis championships are held here. Unless you are attending them, you don't want to be here when they're going on. Traffic/parking nightmare. Also you don't want to be here when a Met's game lets out. Let's go Mets! But otherwise it's a nice, relaxing day to just walk around with the family.

Visited May 2013