Holbox is magical!!! It is beyond beautiful! ...and this is the place to stay in Holbox... it is far enough from downtown Holbox to feel apart and at peace enjoying the amazing beach, but close enough to go there in a golfcart or even walk for dinner. We used both, and prefered walking because you walk along the beach in a path where you get to see the other hotels and conclude that Villa Flamingos is the best! The rooms are simple but beautiful. Predominantly white, with an amazing shower that has a perforated tree trunk instead of shower head. There is a comfortable sitting area with a hammock over looking the ocean outside the bungalow. A delicious breakfast is included with pancakes, chilaquiles and more to choose from. All with the friendliest and nicest staff ever. They have hammocks overlooking the beach and iguanas living around the swimming pool. Nature at its best! the only thing i could say it thata cold front brought all these seaweed to shore, literally tons of it and it began to decompose on the shore which caused a very bad smell and it couldn't be removed. Sometimes the smell was such that laying on the front hammocks by the beach was not an option. I suggest call in advance and make sure there is no seaweed on the beach, that would make your stay unforgettable !
A great place otherwise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The property features 29 beautifully decorated bungalows; all of them with a stunning ocean view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Villas Flamingos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Flamingos Hotel Holbox Island
- Flamingos Hotel Holbox Island