“A mystical experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Kensington
Cuisines: Dessert, Mexican, Vegetarian, Tea Room
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Kitchen Witch is located in an historic two-room schoolhouse built in 1832.The school building has been lovingly restored to authentic 19th Century decor. It features the original hardwood floors, trim and wainscotting throughout as well as gorgeous double-hung paned windows which admit lots of natural light and a breathtaking view. Beautifully decorated, it features antique wooden tables and pressback chairs, lovely wallcoverings and window treatments and vintage prints.Established in 1980, The Kitchen Witch Tea Room developed a tremendously loyal clientele of repeat customers, comprising both summer visitors and local residents. It has offered a tempting menu of sandwiches served on home-baked breads, freshly-ground coffee and a variety of teas.We have owned and operated The Kitchen Witch since 2006. Early in 2007 we became aware of the local demand for gluten-free products, and our menu was gradually modified to accommodate this need We established a designated area for preparation of gluten free items; including separate utensils and appliances.Our menu is now approximately 70% Celiac friendly, but we quickly outgrew the area established for gluten-free foods. We have recently expanded our operation to include a completely separate and fully equipped gluten-free kitchen.
Kitchener, Canada
“A mystical experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The Kitchen Witch is a very unique and high quality experience here on the island!
I've visited PEI dozens of times before but had never heard of the Kitchen Witch until this visit.
Unfortunately the tea leaf reader (YES, tea leaf reader!) is not in the shop on Thursdays or Fridays but we called ahead and knew already.
Upon entering the quaint little building we were greeted immediately by the owner. She explained all the daily features including their homemade breads, quiche, soups and preserves of the day.
We had a panini, a Reuben and a totally vegetarian Mexican dish for myself (vegequitos are what's up!).
There were tons of vegetarian and gluten free options (made in their gluten free kitchen) as well as meat for those who prefer.
We ordered a pot of blossoming tea, it was so neat! Hand woven in china the tea "creature" expanded as it steeped into a beautiful blossoming flower.
Service was excellent. We picked up a jar of pineapple jalapeño salsa and a jar of mustard pickled relish (served with the panini earlier) as well as a bag of loose leaf organic island strawberry tea.
This place was absolutely magical and I can't wait to go back when the tea leaf reader is working! Highly recommend.

Summerside, Canada
“Kudos to the Kitchen Witch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have been visiting this quaint little place for the past few years, and have introduced some of my friends to this dining experience. We all come to the same conclusion, excellent food prepared mostly with Island grown veggies, cheeses, meats; homemade breads and desserts that are to die for!!! Staff is super friendly which ties right in with our Island hospitality. I never come away disappointed; enjoy each and every meal in this unique little tea room. Located in the country in an old schoolhouse, the atmosphere is so relaxing and peaceful, I love it!!! I hope everyone can experience this unique dining pleasure and that they are as impressed as I am. Will definitely be going back.....5 stars in my opinion!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
halifax
“Kitchen Witch Again........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Visited July 31st.This was my 5th or 6th visit over the past 12 yrs. Totally disappointed. Always order Witches' Spec...bread not grilled,cheese barely melted & cold.My friend ordered ham & cheese ..they forgot the ham.. Hostess so busy socializing & looking for culinary votes, food not del. when prepared. There were 6 adults & 1 child in dining rm....3 tables. No excuse for poor service. Server also took care of Gift Shop. Will I go back.....probably not. That makes me sad.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lower Sackville, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was there yesterday. I didn't try any of the food, just had the tea, for the Tea Reading.

Cozy Atmosphere, and friendly people.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary
“Great little tea room! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is great place to visit. Had the tortilla soup and so did my daughter. They were excellent. The service was wonderful and delightful. The bread is absolutely amazing. I had one with olives in it and it was great. Selection of teas is wonderful. I really great experience all in all.