“A Great Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Loads of Puffins, plus seals and bald eagles - boat tours daily from May 8-late Sept. 40th year operating, with a new tour boat, 'Puffin Express'. A coastal experience all in the family will love..... with lots of open windows for gteat photos and fresh sea air. We'll even puppy-sit your pet while you take our tour !
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Pleasant Bay
3 attraction reviews
“A Great Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I truly enjoyed the tour, the information was excellent and the captain and crew were very comical. They were also very understanding with my toddler son who, was getting tired and unruly. The captain was so nice to give him a granola bar, that made my son very happy. I will definately be doing this tour again, when my son gets a little older and can understand things better. My husband especially loved the legends that were told during the trip. I thank the captain and crew again for the wonderful tour.

Sackville NB
5 attraction reviews
“Saw Puffins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Saw lots of Puffins, as well as bald eagles and other birds. Being from the country the bald eagles and other birds are an everyday sighting. But someone being from the city might be more excited to see Bald Eagles, or cormorants or seagulls. Only one we wanted to see was puffins and the tour did not dissapoint. Plenty of Puffins. After seeing the puffins though it was like lets just go, but every bald eagle or cormorant they slowed down to show people. But like i said, someone being from the city may be excited to see those. Kinda drug on to long for me, but others may not think so. All in all it was good. Like others have said, the asking for a tip at the end of it was kinda awkward. Bringing no cash with us we kinda felt like we were being cheap. But after spending $150 for two adult and the kids for the tour i shouldn't have felt so bad.

Edison, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

A well-informed, relaxed, educational, and scenic trip. Really enjoyed the time on the water while learning about the birds and other wildlife of the area. Great for families and anyone with a desire to spend a little time on the water. saw many bald eagles, seals, other birds and of course, puffins!

Acworth, Georgia, United States
“Lots of birds and eagles too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Nice tour which I would recommend. Banter by the captain and mate sometimes informative and sometimes silly but you have to entertain all age groups and personalities on such a tour. Lots of fun and lots of birds too.

ancaster
“tour started with a speel and ended with panhandling”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I hadn't planned on doing a bird tour when I arrived in Cape Breton but driving around I kept seeing the signs with those colourful birds ( Puffins) on them so I decided to check them out.I got the 2 brochures and called this one first and after the hard sell talk I signed up .
Maybe I look at things differently because I'm not a birder.The boat I found to be a strange set up.The Captain is sitting in the middle of the boat with people in front of him and down both sides not sure how he sees anything . He has lots to say some of which I disagreed with but kept my opinion to myself.The tour I found to be overly long.There are about 10 species that we saw and some seals.We were at the Islands about an hour and 25 minutes, that's almost 8 minutes on each one, granted the seals were entertaining but the gulls???We got back and the issue of the tip came up.I'm not used to being solicited for a tip.The cost of the tour was more than the other company and on top of that he owns it. Not sure if I'll try another tour.

Visited June 2012