“I'm surprised at all these bad reviews!” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Wildwood Manor Ranch
RR.5, Georgetown, Halton Hills, Ontario L7G 4S8, Canada   |
Brampton, Canada
“I'm surprised at all these bad reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband booked us for the Overnight Adventure (B&B plus riding). It was a surprise birthday gift for me, and on the way there he told me some of the reviews about the service had been horrible. (To be frank, after reading some of these reviews I'm surprised we even went.) I was actually waiting for everyone we met to be rude or something, but the wait was in vain! Everyone was very nice to us!

We arrived for lunch, and we were asked when we would like our meals (lunch, dinner and breakfast) and when we would like our trail ride. After scheduling times we were given a map and information about the area. There's a pool, trails, petting zoo, mini golf, tennis, horseback riding etc. My husband and I walked around the area a bit to look around, it's very beautiful in the fall. Lunch was on time, three course meal. (soup, grilled chicken and caesar salad, and a fruit bowl and cookies). It was delicious. Our trail ride was at 4 PM. We were the only two on the trail (and also the only overnight guests, but of course we went on a Tuesday night). It was incredibly fun! Our guide was really friendly and took us through a trot and canter several times.

Dinner was scheduled for 7, but some of it started coming out at 6:40, but that was fine with us. Again, 3 courses. We got a whole pavlova to ourselves! Even better, the lady serving us, Kathy (whom I believe is the one formerly reviewed as 'crazy') found out it was my birthday, and brought the pavlova up with candles. A thoughtful and wonderful touch. My husband and I had a great night playing some of the games in the loft or watching tv together. Breakfast was 2 courses, and also delicious. We were never hungry here! All delicious food! We paid when we left. All in all, we had a fun and relaxing night.

Some things for you to consider:
- The family suite has it's own bathroom, but the other two rooms share a bathroom. We were the only guests so that did not bother us.
- I agree with another reviewer who said the focus is on the horseback riding. It is! But our B&B experience was great too.
- Another thing I agree on is the communication. Don't be afraid to ask for clarification. Make sure you know times for food and riding, and if there's more food coming. There usually is.
- This is supposed to be a relaxing place. I advise you not to be so schedule oriented. If dinner happens to come out 10 minutes early, that's ok. If it takes an extra 15 minutes to get the horses set up, it's fine. Take some time to breathe and appreciate things out here.
- Be a little more open minded people. Everyone is different. I don't think Kathy was 'crazy'. She was friendly, and liked to chat. Sometimes she gave out random life facts, yes, but she was nice. As was everyone else there.

Perhaps this is more for the laid back, 'go with the flow' type, but I strongly recommend you try this place out for yourself. It was amazing.

Room Tip: If you get to choose your room, the Pink Lady Room is larger than the Cowgirl Room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

TAKE REVIEWS SERIOUSLY.

Or bring a lot of booze to get you through this experience.

The only thing that saves this place from being one-star was the actual horse-back riding experience. The guides were friendly and relaxed.

Unfortunately the staff that we had for the lodge experience was terrifying. My boyfriend and I got in expecting to have a nice relaxing time...

That dream ended quickly.

We had to deal with a real witch the whole time that continuously made us aware that it was her day off. When she wasn't acting like a stressed-out crazy person talking to us, she would be tinkering around grumbling and being annoyed.

We had no idea when meals were supposed to be. And when we finished our soup we figured we were done and left to grab some wine (to calm down from crazy lady). We returned and she was angry because "the rest of our lunch was on the table." Okay? maybe let us know what is happening...

On the note of food, there was little understanding about our two requests for meals: one vegetarian, the meat-eater doesn't like seafood.

As the vegetarian, I got to feel even more uncomfortable for being such a nuisance as to adhere to my diet and she asked my boyfriend if his meal was "normal."

One of the apps was shrimp, which knocks out both requests. I don't eat it, my boyfriend hates it, and I told them a week ago. Once again, we were made very clear that we were bad, despite paying for an appetizer that we clearly went against both requests.

At one point, we were actually concerned and tried to make her feel comfortable, and asked if we had done anything wrong because she seemed very unhappy with us. We explained we didn't know when anything was happening. No apologies, just that we had "communication failure."

Later in the evening she asked us where we were from, we said Toronto, she said "figures."

We skipped breakfast after out of discomfort when we sat there for 10 minutes, with one other family eating in the room. There was an employee there (who seemed nice), but she didn't say anything to us.

The owner/receptionist did not care at all when we told her we had a conflict with a condescending employee. Just smiles and "that's too bad". We didn't try to talk to her after reading another review that night that said the owner merely criticized their complaint. After we paid she asked if she could relieve the situation in any way. We said "no thank you" because both of our guts told us to FLEE.

The service RUINED our experience, we were so uncomfortable that we were AFRAID to come back after our riding.

Save yourself 170 bucks because the B&B is not worth it. Go riding though (approx $45 for 1hr).

Room Tip: The rooms are small unless you request the family size.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

These people don't care what you want - as soon as you pay them they dictate their terms and provide awful service, you have no control on the process.

I went there this weekend. I told them beforehand that I need some riding practice before I go on a week long riding expedition. They suggested a trail ride. When I went there, they treated me like a novice rider and allowed me to trot/canter for only 5 minutes in the one hour ride. What a rip off!

There was some rain before we went on the ride, but the terrain was not that soggy, but these people are unprofessional and don't care about customers' requirements.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm writing this review to tell anyone to completely ignore the bad and very outdated reviews below posted in 2010 and before. I didn't know what to expect when my boyfriend booked us the overnight adventure at WWRM, but it was a wonderful surprise and we didn't want to leave.

They don't advertise it as a B&B, because the main focus is obviously the trail rides and horses. For people looking to spend more time on a quiet, large space out of the city this is it.

Everyone will tell you how amazing the food is there! Pauline is a wonderful cook, and her soups are notorious. One of the nicest aspects of our stay was them accommodating my dietary restrictions. I don't eat milk/eggs/meat and I was given 3 lovely, delicious meal during my stay. My boyfriend loved his steak!

We enjoyed the horse back riding so much, we went out for another ride the next morning. At night after dinner we enjoyed the big in ground pool and cuddled up on the couch before bed. The rooms are very clean and simple, there's a great upstairs deck to enjoy your morning coffee/tea out on.

From the food, to our trail leaders, horses, and atmosphere WWRM is a wonderful place to spend a weekend away. I'm sure no one is too concerned by these outdated posts on TripAdvisor, because upon arrival and reviewing the guest book you can tell they have no problem with their business and making guests happy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I actually went riding for the day. Most of the staff were quite friendly. However communication seems to be a problem. I called in at 9am to book a 11am ride. I had specifically asked how many others I would be riding with and it was confirmed that there would be 3 including myself. She (Pauline) did say that she couldn't guarantee that there weren't more coming but that's all she had at the moment. I also told her that I am an experienced rider and wanted some actual riding time where I was able to gallop and canter about.

When I got there I was stuck in a group of 20 or so. Apparently there was a birthday party going on for a bunch of 7 year olds. They had also stayed the night so when I had called in that morning, they knew there'd be a large party and she had confirmed that I would only be riding with 2 others. It was beautiful and scenic but had I known I was going to be sitting on a horse walking around in circles with 7 years olds I wouldn't have wasted my time and money. Furthermore, the saddle wasn't secure so the saddle ended flipping upside down while I was on the horse!!!! I fell off the horse consequently. Maybe they should have checked before letting riders get on. When I told the person running the show, Mary, about this, she was very understanding. She tried to get me a gift certificate but when I went to the office to pick it up, the Pauline, the lady who is lied and booked me in earlier, started to ARGUE with me. She tried to argue that she had told me she couldn't guarantee the number of riders. True, but at that point in time, you knew there was a birthday party going on. She tried to argue with me for 10 mins as I was waiting to pick up my gift certificate. I am not one of those clients who like to make a fuss and complain but I felt like I deserved my money back or just some kind of compensation for my day there. After standing there listening to this poorly mannered witch yell at me, I just wanted to leave, with or without the gift certificate. She was absolutely rotten... inside and out. Her teeth were literally rotten. Gross. Anyways, I would not recommend this place to anyone... maybe for younger rider but becareful who you book with and confirm with the person running the show or the owner and not some lackie who answered the phone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Oakville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I had a TERRIBLE experience here riding today. I did not stay at the hotel, but had planned a girls day with my 12 year old daughter. I had booked the trail ride a month ago and this morning a lady called saying that a large group had extra people coming and she was in a predicament so wanted to see if I could come at 4pm instead of the 2pm I had booked. I hesitated and was disappointed because I had the entire afternoon planned out. She apologized and told me she would make it up to me and would provide me with a 50% discount. I thought, "wow, ok that would work." So my daughter and I drove up, took a picture of the sign at the entrance and went in to sign in really looking forward to the trail ride. The lady at the check in was going to charge me full price and I mentioned that I had spoken to the lady with the accent over the phone. So, she told me to go and pay at the office where this lady was. My daughter and I went up to the office to pay and she rang us in at the full price. I told her that we had spoken over the phone etc etc and so she rang us in with a 8 dollar discount off of 88-. I mentioned that she had offered a 50% discount and she started yelling and literally threw my debit card at me and started saying "everyone wants somethin for nothin" I really thought I was talking to a crazy person because she started screaming at me saying "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO PAY THEN?? WHAT DO YOU WANT TO PAY? YOU TELL ME THEN!!!" like I was trying to rip her off or something. I honestly felt like a deer in headlights looking at this crazy, rude lady and then she continued to tell me that obviously I don't know anything about business. I told her that actually I was a professional and that I couldn't believe the way she was acting towards me after she was the one who offered the discount over the phone. I had been asked to rearrange plans I made a month ago because of THEIR error, she was the one who offered the discount and now she was YELLING and throwing my debt card at me treating me like I was trying to haggle with her? She continued yelling at me saying "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO PAY THEN?" so I said 50 thinking I had no idea what was going on and so she rang us in and then didn't say a word and we had no idea where we were supposed to go. I was shaken up and really just wanted to leave after being so mistreated but it had taken us an hour to get there. The students who helped us get on our horses and the girl who took us on the trail ride were REALLY nice and friendly which helped me get into a better mood. The trail ride was nice and my daughter had a great first horseback riding experience but I will NEVER return to Wildwood Manor Ranch until they fire the crotchety, unbelievably rude lady at the office. I can't believe this company is still in business. I would NOT recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Burlington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

Hello,

I was booked and stayed at your ranch this past weekend. After speaking with several acquaintances I have decided to write you an email.

We arrived and were shown our room. We were told to go and register and sign forms for our riding time, which I had booked way back in August. We filled out the papers TWO hours early and took a walk. We came back and stood ready to go at quarter to, as we were told. The lady then informed us there wasn’t enough room and we would have to wait as a larger party had shown up. We waited about 15min, our ride went out about 20 minutes later.

Dinner was scheduled for 7pm; we didn’t eat until 7:45pm.

The entire dinner the lady downstairs was yelling at the top of her lungs, not exactly enjoyable. Dinner on the other hand was quite nice.

When we retired to the bedroom, I had my boyfriend check under the bed. There we found a “sexual device”, I must say this absolutely put a damper on our entire weekend, as A) the room was clearly not cleaned very well, and B) who knows what else there was. When I told the lady about it the next morning she just said “that’s disgusting” over and over. She did not handle this very well.

From about 11- 11:30pm the lady downstairs was at it again, yelling about how stressed she was, how she “wanted to hire a worker, not a waitress” and so on. I must tell you we did not have an enjoyable evening, nor did we feel as though we were comfortable or welcomed.

We left after breakfast, not even staying for our lunch. The other couple we ate with was disgraced at our evening as well.

We were overall quite disappointed with our weekend away, it was not enjoyable, fun, clean, and nothing that we were promised it would be.

As I do feel as though we did not receive what we were coming for, I would ask that you please send us a gift certificate for riding for 2 again, that we may use at our leisure. The riding was truly the only memorable part of the entire weekend.

I look forward to your speedy response,

HERE IS THEIR RESPONSE-

Thank you Kimberley for your email.

I have been working here for forty years to establish, a family type special place for people to escape and enjoy.A sort of Romantic Getaway with a different flair at a reasonable price.

Each week or so we do a survey of how we are doing.

In forty years I have never had such a letter as yours. but thank you for your comments.
All comments good or bad are welcome.

Now I have reviewed with my housekeeper your entire comments.

1. As she was clearing the table you and your friend were engaged in conversation, she did not interfere and was not aware you were conversing about here this place.

You mentioned to her about a device and she said"that is disgusting" she had no idea where you were talking about, and she did not go on and on with any comments.

Her comment now is if you were so disgusted why did you stay at all.??

2. If the noise was so bad, if the place was so dreadful why would you stay the night at all?

3. As a PR Manager your judgement and decision making seems to me inconsistent and quite inadequate.

The guests the night you were here were surveyed too, they were very happy with their experience.
I had no such comments like you experienced..They were thrilled ,relaxed and satisfied. They enjoyed their whole experience.
I called them all after your email.
Some were guests who come regularly,some first time experience, they were very happy and intend to return.

We have a cleaning group of housekeepers that do a fabulous job and we check each time they clean to just check on the quality of service we are paying for,

If you had a problem with your room, why did you not address it with Pauline that night, or moment., She is my chief housekeeper and supervises the over all operation.
Where was the evidence?? We looked and found nothing.We went through the garbage.

As far as the riding experience when people are late there is a problem all the way down the line starting at 9am.
Your riding time was for 5pm, the last ride went out at 5.15.