My husband booked us for the Overnight Adventure (B&B plus riding). It was a surprise birthday gift for me, and on the way there he told me some of the reviews about the service had been horrible. (To be frank, after reading some of these reviews I'm surprised we even went.) I was actually waiting for everyone we met to be rude or something, but the wait was in vain! Everyone was very nice to us!
We arrived for lunch, and we were asked when we would like our meals (lunch, dinner and breakfast) and when we would like our trail ride. After scheduling times we were given a map and information about the area. There's a pool, trails, petting zoo, mini golf, tennis, horseback riding etc. My husband and I walked around the area a bit to look around, it's very beautiful in the fall. Lunch was on time, three course meal. (soup, grilled chicken and caesar salad, and a fruit bowl and cookies). It was delicious. Our trail ride was at 4 PM. We were the only two on the trail (and also the only overnight guests, but of course we went on a Tuesday night). It was incredibly fun! Our guide was really friendly and took us through a trot and canter several times.
Dinner was scheduled for 7, but some of it started coming out at 6:40, but that was fine with us. Again, 3 courses. We got a whole pavlova to ourselves! Even better, the lady serving us, Kathy (whom I believe is the one formerly reviewed as 'crazy') found out it was my birthday, and brought the pavlova up with candles. A thoughtful and wonderful touch. My husband and I had a great night playing some of the games in the loft or watching tv together. Breakfast was 2 courses, and also delicious. We were never hungry here! All delicious food! We paid when we left. All in all, we had a fun and relaxing night.
Some things for you to consider:
- The family suite has it's own bathroom, but the other two rooms share a bathroom. We were the only guests so that did not bother us.
- I agree with another reviewer who said the focus is on the horseback riding. It is! But our B&B experience was great too.
- Another thing I agree on is the communication. Don't be afraid to ask for clarification. Make sure you know times for food and riding, and if there's more food coming. There usually is.
- This is supposed to be a relaxing place. I advise you not to be so schedule oriented. If dinner happens to come out 10 minutes early, that's ok. If it takes an extra 15 minutes to get the horses set up, it's fine. Take some time to breathe and appreciate things out here.
- Be a little more open minded people. Everyone is different. I don't think Kathy was 'crazy'. She was friendly, and liked to chat. Sometimes she gave out random life facts, yes, but she was nice. As was everyone else there.
Perhaps this is more for the laid back, 'go with the flow' type, but I strongly recommend you try this place out for yourself. It was amazing.
- Also Known As:
- Wildwood Manor Ranch Georgetown, Ontario