“Nice cafe” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Georgetown
“Nice cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped in early one morning for a coffee with my boss. Im happy he paid... I found it to be a little pricey. Coffee was good though. However I do often see people waiting outside in the morning past their opening time... late staff maybe?

Toronto
“Needs a new name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went after dinner for a desert and coffee, only to walk in a find live music and a wine bar. The house wine was good, and reasonable. The server brought us a hot olives as a complimentary appetizer. Never even heard of serving Olives warm, they were delicious. What a welcoming and pleasant surprise.
The performer on the night we were there was not very good, but we didn't care. They seemed have a good menu of light meals. Next time I'm down for dinner for sure. So why's it called a coffee bar?

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal
“Ah'll be baaaack!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was an unexpected treat. The food was really good, the service was friendly, and the live band was most entertaining.

They have a slightly confused tapas-style approach. For tapas, the servings are way too big. Normally in a tapas bar you would order between 2-3 choices per person. Here our waitress recommended one choice each, and she was not wrong. There were other menu items that were not identified as being tapas-style, so that was a bit confusing. But the waitress made sure we didn't go wrong.

The chef cooks all the food in the tiniest little corner at the front of the bar, right by the entrance. I kid you not, it is no more than four feet long. From this tiny space he produces superb and varied food. We had a terrific mixed plate of cheeses and cold cuts, all sourced from local vendors. The cheeses in particular were chosen with great skill. I wonder who made the choices, the chef or the vendor? Likewise the cold cuts were all very tasty. A lobster ravioli avoided the cloying over-richness that you often get with this dish, and went down very nicely. I could go on, but there's no point in itemizing each dish. Four hits - no misses.

The wine list was rather 'meh', and I would really expect it to have highlighted local Ontario wine, but I guess that is an unreasonable complaint. In any case, the wine we ordered was perfectly acceptable, and was poured into a carafe without my needing to ask!

This small space was pretty much full on a Saturday night, so the word seems to be getting around. Next time I am in Georgetown I will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place to relax, eat, and chat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Nice place to go with another couple to socialize and have a bite to eat with a glass of wine. I went with my wife and thoroughly enjoyed the calamari. Give it a try!!

Georgetown, Canada
“Such a lovely quaint place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We used to frequent the old coffee shop here in Georgetown...we were thrilled to find that it had become a piano/jazz/wine bar in the evenings...we had a nice red wine and a trio of tapas....the french onion soup was thick and flavourful, their take on carpacio was decadent and the calamari was so tender...loved everything from the great service to the tasty apps we enjoyed....we will absolutely be back!!! So lovely to have right here in downtown Georgetown!!!

• Visited April 2014