“A Nice Economical Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Springs Motel

Cedar Springs Motel
You added Cedar Springs Motel to your Saves list
Cedar Springs Motel
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   12363 Hwy 7 R.R.1, Georgetown, Halton Hills, Ontario L7G 4S4 , Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Peterborough, Canada
“A Nice Economical Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here New Year's Eve after my gig in Georgetown which is about 5 km away. Cedar Springs has 70s decor but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The hallways are narrow and a bit ghetto. My only complaint is that the shower was a hose type and had to be hand-held because there was no mount for it on the wall. The tub was weird...I think it used to be a therapeutic tub with the jets removed. The bathroom fan needed repair as it was struggling to start so I didn't use it. The hot water is slow to arrive but it was sufficient. There was no phone in the room but probably one of the reasons why it is so economical. The Wi-Fi worked well. The television was CRT with a VCR combo and came with a standard satellite package. The front desk was friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've stayed here numerous times for work related purposes. The motel is very economical offering better rates than other local motels, as well as negotiable rates for longer stays. The staff is friendly and seem genuinely eager to please. Check in and check out times are flexible to accomidate night shift workers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I work in construction, spend alot of time on the road and in various hotels and motels. This in my 10 years of out of town work is the worst place i have ever stayed. I usually love to have a nice shower after work but the shower leaked more then what came out of the head. The caulking was full of mould, but the holes in the walls in the rooms filled with gobs of caulking were not ( a Bonus i guess)There was no soap or shampoo supplied, sorry no wait there was the tic tac bar of soap, but thats it. Best have your own bottle water or cups as they dont provide any cups to drink water or anything that one would like. The room was very musty. Tv was old and you had to get out of the bed to turn it off.... the bed . Well good thing i had work clothes on that day cuz i needed them to sleep in the bed and on top of the seets as the sweat and pee stains under neath were too much to bare. The tv sat in front of the fridge in the way of the doorway to adjoining room, where there was no closet door and the shelves were falling down. The small table and chairs in the room were a nice touch but the chairs were old very dirty and stained corderoy material and were damp and smelly. I brought my laptop to the front desk to explain that i wanted to have a room that the post on their website but was told they were taken. I explained my displeasure with my room and was basically told i could have room 104 which was comparable to room 11. STAY away from room 11. Talking to other tradesman staying in the hotel we all shared the same views. At 100 dollars for 2 people a night you can find a far cleaner place 5 minutes down the road in the actual town of Georgetown. Please dont be fooled by the site it really is a HOLE. If i can get back on here i will post photos i took

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ypsilanti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was recently traveling in the Toronto area and needed a place to stay for over a week and I didn't want to spend a fortune. I emailed the motel and they were very friendly and accommodating to me and they were able to give me a really great and affordable rate for staying multiple nights. This motel is not far of a drive from Toronto and the suburbs and was worth driving the little extra to stay at this motel instead of a closer motel. My room was peaceful and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful and the satellite tv comes with all the best tv stations too. The next time I am in the Toronto area I will definitely be coming back here again.

Room Tip: If you need any accommodations call or email the motel and they will help you to meet your needs or...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

July 21, 2012 This place has mould in the bathroom, the windows do not open, the cement stairs to take you up to your room are falling apart; in places on the balcony they have indoor outdoor carpet that is rotting and curling - a real tripping hazzard. The clientele were folks who lives there and were drinking and smoking excessivley, and leering at people. You receive one bucket of ice, that is homemade from and ice tray and we were informed that that is our limit for the night. We arrived and departed quickly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Acton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've been here since January, and plan on staying up until August 31. It is a very nice Motel. Rooms are very nice, cozy and welcoming. The affordability is very nice, esp with my work term. Also the people are very welcoming, and always there for you if you have any questions, or concerns. Also, they try to help you straight away, AMAZING customer service.

Very pleased with my stay, and I'm sure I'll be amazed with the rest of my stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I came to Cedar Spring Motel on April 27,2012 and found that the rooms where nice and clean
and that the owner went out of his way to make my stay comfortable. I'm still at Cedar Spring
waiting to move in to my new home. Also my fiance and I decided to use the facilities for our
wedding in July 14. Found the weekly rates excellent. Would advice my guest for my wedding
to reside at the Motel during my wedding reception.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cedar Springs Motel? Share your experiences!