“Needs an update” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Thorold
Braeside, Ontario, Canada
“Needs an update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have visited this hotel many times over the past 20 years as we have family in the area.
I noticed this visit that the hotel is really in need of an update. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable but the furniture is quite worn, and the TV's are still the very old large models. The carpeting in the lobby/conference area was stained and worn...just not very impressive. We had to change our first room due to a very musty smell...unfortunately the windows don't open to allow fresh air.
We got a deal of $100 per night via the internet so for that price I really can't complain however the regular room prices are in the $150-$170 range which is far more that I would pay for this accommodation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice hotel, great advice from the staff on duty. Very polite. Large clean rooms. Our room does have a buzzing noise in it - and this may be disturbing (my wife had to use ear plugs to bar out the ringing tone).

Room Tip: Avoid 3115 for the buzzing sound (that seems to be all over the building, in corridors too).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a nice quiet retreat to arrive at after our nine hour drive from Chicago. The hotel is spacious, with wide corridors and the lobby is open to the 4th floor. We had a peaceful, delicious meal at the restaurant the first night, enjoying the local wine and beer. The Tim Horton's across the street was our breakfast go-to place, since we just wanted to grab a quick bite before heading to the falls. We found the hotel staff to be helpful and accommodating. Our room was decent, with a skylight over the living room area. The kids had the pool to themselves, and our whole experience was very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Location - just across the street from Brock University, a great conservation park, and Tim Horton's and McDonald's. Other than that, there's nothing else within walking distance. Less than a 1/2 hour drive to Niagara Falls.
Room - had a nice-sized suite with a TV in the living room as well as the bedroom. The TVs need to be updated with flat screens. And the bed was a little on the soft side. Other than that, it was nice and clean. Free internet was working well.
Amenities - did not get to enjoy the gym or pool which looked nice.
Front Desk - friendly, efficient and helpful.
Value - I believe I paid too much on Expedia for this small town hotel ($150+) so did not think it was worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ajax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed Saturday June 22nd one night at the 4 Points Sheraton suites. We got upgraded to the executive king suite mountainview suite. The whole hotel is beautifully clean and well kept. The staff were extremely friendly and caring. Our room was huge and very well appointed. The only criticism I have is that they could have had flat screen TVs instead of the older style box/tube TVs. Otherwise everything was amazing including the restaurant which was top notch. The hotel is only a 15 minute drive to the falls - close enough for a quick commute but away from the craziness of downtown Niagara Falls. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Cleveland OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well, it would be if my canine daughter had opposable thumbs!
This place is like the oasis of the QEW...after a 2.5+hour trek from Toronto (typically a 1.5 hour drive) that was often stop and go...it was SUCH a relief to know we had plans to spend the night before continuing our journey home. Check in couldn't have been any more efficient and it leaves one to wonder why it takes longer at other properties.
Front desk staff was so pleasant...and willing to help with my terrible problem: I needed help with consuming a pizza from the restaurant:-) so they took just a couple pieces off my hands.
Within minutes we were in a lovely spacious suite that was already cooled to a comfortable temperature and was incredibly comfortable and immaculate. This is without a doubt the only place I would never be concerned to walk barefoot. My pup acted as if it was so special...like being allowed in the "living room" of her grandmother who typically has the hallowed ground blocked off. I always travel with a large beachtowel to cover the furnishings and once it was covering the sofa, she made herself very much at home.
The staff in the restaurant as well were very considerate, and packaged up the pizza to go in a box while putting the salad and plate and utensils in a plastic bag which made it easy to carry. Very thoughtful!
The bed as always was very comfortable, the hotel quiet, and I awoke the next morning to thoughts of how I could stay at this 4 Points 4ever. I began to fantasize about checking if the nearby university had a job and or if the hotel would hire me in exchange for room and board.

Note that this place has FREE parking (compare that to Toronto where the tab for under 5 days was nearly $70!!!) and FREE local calls (if you pick up a phone card you can call the States for very little that way) and FREE wifi. You just can't go wrong.

In fact, because of some unfortunate disappointments in the big TO, I am seriously considering staying less time there next time and a day or two longer here.

BTW, every single staff member was warm and friendly, and that includes toward my pup.

You won't be disappointed in staying here...though I might be for telling too many people how great it is and not getting a room the next time!

Also note...we didn't do any exploring but very close by is a Tim Hortons and McDonalds.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad one. If you are offered a chance to upgrade, go for it. If you have trouble...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed two days in June for a wedding.

The good things:
The best physical feature is the comfortable dining room with big windows and lots of wood. Their wine list includes Niagara wines that are produced nearby. In the evening, the room has a flattering glow - nice for date night.

The staff are warm, friendly and very professional. The atmosphere is relaxing. Although this is casual dining, the tables were set with linens and proper cutlery. The dining area was very clean - everything was perfectly spotless.

I had an excellent steak dinner, and perfectly baked eggplant. The food and atmosphere were so pleasant that I returned for a late night snack of 3 cheese dip and a Caesar drink. Delicious.

The disappointments:
Booking in and out had a few glitches due to miscommunication between the reservation service and the hotel. Rates, fee holds, and number of nights were confused. Problems were fixed politely. Perhaps some of the front desk staff were students without the professional polish of the regular staff.

The hotel is large and rather standard. My suite had dark colours and an old television. I noticed water mark rings on a table and a piece of popcorn on the floor. The bed cover had a stain on it and the other had hair on the sheets. I found a small black spider on the bed in the morning. The Internet connection was very weak and I could not post simple text to Facebook. I confess that I did not complain and of course the hotel did not have a chance to fix things. In hindsight, I believe problems would be fixed quickly.

Overall experience:
The staff are outstanding. Every person I met was warm, polite, friendly, professional and prompt. Even the housekeeping staff smiled and said good morning. They are genuinely nice even when supervisors are not around.

You know the feeling of "taking a chance" and hoping that you haven't wasted money on a bad experience? I will never worry here. The special value is in knowing - for sure - that my stay will be pleasant due to the top-notch standards achieved by these great people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites? Share your experiences!