“Nice and quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3530 Schmon Parkway, Thorold, Ontario L2V 4Y6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thorold
“Nice and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Location - just across the street from Brock University, a great conservation park, and Tim Horton's and McDonald's. Other than that, there's nothing else within walking distance. Less than a 1/2 hour drive to Niagara Falls.
Room - had a nice-sized suite with a TV in the living room as well as the bedroom. The TVs need to be updated with flat screens. And the bed was a little on the soft side. Other than that, it was nice and clean. Free internet was working well.
Amenities - did not get to enjoy the gym or pool which looked nice.
Front Desk - friendly, efficient and helpful.
Value - I believe I paid too much on Expedia for this small town hotel ($150+) so did not think it was worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ajax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed Saturday June 22nd one night at the 4 Points Sheraton suites. We got upgraded to the executive king suite mountainview suite. The whole hotel is beautifully clean and well kept. The staff were extremely friendly and caring. Our room was huge and very well appointed. The only criticism I have is that they could have had flat screen TVs instead of the older style box/tube TVs. Otherwise everything was amazing including the restaurant which was top notch. The hotel is only a 15 minute drive to the falls - close enough for a quick commute but away from the craziness of downtown Niagara Falls. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Cleveland OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well, it would be if my canine daughter had opposable thumbs!
This place is like the oasis of the QEW...after a 2.5+hour trek from Toronto (typically a 1.5 hour drive) that was often stop and go...it was SUCH a relief to know we had plans to spend the night before continuing our journey home. Check in couldn't have been any more efficient and it leaves one to wonder why it takes longer at other properties.
Front desk staff was so pleasant...and willing to help with my terrible problem: I needed help with consuming a pizza from the restaurant:-) so they took just a couple pieces off my hands.
Within minutes we were in a lovely spacious suite that was already cooled to a comfortable temperature and was incredibly comfortable and immaculate. This is without a doubt the only place I would never be concerned to walk barefoot. My pup acted as if it was so special...like being allowed in the "living room" of her grandmother who typically has the hallowed ground blocked off. I always travel with a large beachtowel to cover the furnishings and once it was covering the sofa, she made herself very much at home.
The staff in the restaurant as well were very considerate, and packaged up the pizza to go in a box while putting the salad and plate and utensils in a plastic bag which made it easy to carry. Very thoughtful!
The bed as always was very comfortable, the hotel quiet, and I awoke the next morning to thoughts of how I could stay at this 4 Points 4ever. I began to fantasize about checking if the nearby university had a job and or if the hotel would hire me in exchange for room and board.

Note that this place has FREE parking (compare that to Toronto where the tab for under 5 days was nearly $70!!!) and FREE local calls (if you pick up a phone card you can call the States for very little that way) and FREE wifi. You just can't go wrong.

In fact, because of some unfortunate disappointments in the big TO, I am seriously considering staying less time there next time and a day or two longer here.

BTW, every single staff member was warm and friendly, and that includes toward my pup.

You won't be disappointed in staying here...though I might be for telling too many people how great it is and not getting a room the next time!

Also note...we didn't do any exploring but very close by is a Tim Hortons and McDonalds.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad one. If you are offered a chance to upgrade, go for it. If you have trouble...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed two days in June for a wedding.

The good things:
The best physical feature is the comfortable dining room with big windows and lots of wood. Their wine list includes Niagara wines that are produced nearby. In the evening, the room has a flattering glow - nice for date night.

The staff are warm, friendly and very professional. The atmosphere is relaxing. Although this is casual dining, the tables were set with linens and proper cutlery. The dining area was very clean - everything was perfectly spotless.

I had an excellent steak dinner, and perfectly baked eggplant. The food and atmosphere were so pleasant that I returned for a late night snack of 3 cheese dip and a Caesar drink. Delicious.

The disappointments:
Booking in and out had a few glitches due to miscommunication between the reservation service and the hotel. Rates, fee holds, and number of nights were confused. Problems were fixed politely. Perhaps some of the front desk staff were students without the professional polish of the regular staff.

The hotel is large and rather standard. My suite had dark colours and an old television. I noticed water mark rings on a table and a piece of popcorn on the floor. The bed cover had a stain on it and the other had hair on the sheets. I found a small black spider on the bed in the morning. The Internet connection was very weak and I could not post simple text to Facebook. I confess that I did not complain and of course the hotel did not have a chance to fix things. In hindsight, I believe problems would be fixed quickly.

Overall experience:
The staff are outstanding. Every person I met was warm, polite, friendly, professional and prompt. Even the housekeeping staff smiled and said good morning. They are genuinely nice even when supervisors are not around.

You know the feeling of "taking a chance" and hoping that you haven't wasted money on a bad experience? I will never worry here. The special value is in knowing - for sure - that my stay will be pleasant due to the top-notch standards achieved by these great people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mbelford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I travel with my dog often and I've noticed a difference between dog friendly hotels and hotels that accept dogs. This hotel did not act as though my dog was a hassle. They greeted him with treats and did not act if I was walking a tiger when we walked through the lobby.

The room was impeccably clean and quite large. Every staff member, from the front desk to the bartender to the wait staff at the restaurant, we're friendly and helpful. Overall, a stellar hotel. Oh, if you run, be sure to check out the quarry across the street. It was a great place to run and walk the dog.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed as a group [12 families] at the Four Points by Sheraton in THOROLD and had a very positive experience.

The rooms were great -separate 2/bed room and a living room/dining area with kitchenette - which was very helpful for socializing and relaxing while watching TV or utilizing the free internet. The rooms were clean and up to date. While the [free] parking lot seemed to be suffering some modifications and the location only has a Tim Horton's and McDonalds in the immediate area, it was still convenient to Brock and the various highways we needed to get places. Close to the border as well.

The hotel seemed to be hosting folks from many other sporting events [tournaments and cycling clubs] but overall they were no sound/noise issues - which I am sensitive too.

Had a pool, hot tub and gym - that I was too busy to enjoy - but the boys in our group did.

One last point is the restaurant onsite - while I don't typically endorse hotel food because they usually fall short.... this one rose to the occasion. We had a couple "group" meals there varying in size and many breakfasts and all the experiences were very good to excellent. Salads were great, sandwiches, pastas and pizzas, etc - very good as well [not high end gourmet - but very respectable, creative and interesting]. The service was the best part and they were able to offer local wines that enhanced our experience.

If you book here - you'll likely have nothing to worry about... your needs will be met.

Only slight negative is the mattresses are not as good as Marriott Hotel chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed there when we picked our daughter up from university. The hotel was very conveniently located. I booked two rooms and they automatically upgraded one. Our room had a very loud humming sound which can from a generator next to it. It was so loud that we were unable to sleep, so when we called the front desk not only did they relocate us they assisted us with our luggage and gave us the Presidential Suite. We were still inconvenienced however they made there best efforts to make us comfortable. We will definitely be staying there again on our many trips to St. Catherines.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about the noise you encountered while you here with us. However, we try to ensure that everyone has a great nights' rest and I'm happy that we were able to relocate your room for you. I hope that your daughter had a great year at university and that we see you again in September. Have a great summer!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites? Share your experiences!