“Four thumbs UP!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

You added Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thorold
Cleveland OH
“Four thumbs UP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well, it would be if my canine daughter had opposable thumbs!
This place is like the oasis of the QEW...after a 2.5+hour trek from Toronto (typically a 1.5 hour drive) that was often stop and go...it was SUCH a relief to know we had plans to spend the night before continuing our journey home. Check in couldn't have been any more efficient and it leaves one to wonder why it takes longer at other properties.
Front desk staff was so pleasant...and willing to help with my terrible problem: I needed help with consuming a pizza from the restaurant:-) so they took just a couple pieces off my hands.
Within minutes we were in a lovely spacious suite that was already cooled to a comfortable temperature and was incredibly comfortable and immaculate. This is without a doubt the only place I would never be concerned to walk barefoot. My pup acted as if it was so special...like being allowed in the "living room" of her grandmother who typically has the hallowed ground blocked off. I always travel with a large beachtowel to cover the furnishings and once it was covering the sofa, she made herself very much at home.
The staff in the restaurant as well were very considerate, and packaged up the pizza to go in a box while putting the salad and plate and utensils in a plastic bag which made it easy to carry. Very thoughtful!
The bed as always was very comfortable, the hotel quiet, and I awoke the next morning to thoughts of how I could stay at this 4 Points 4ever. I began to fantasize about checking if the nearby university had a job and or if the hotel would hire me in exchange for room and board.

Note that this place has FREE parking (compare that to Toronto where the tab for under 5 days was nearly $70!!!) and FREE local calls (if you pick up a phone card you can call the States for very little that way) and FREE wifi. You just can't go wrong.

In fact, because of some unfortunate disappointments in the big TO, I am seriously considering staying less time there next time and a day or two longer here.

BTW, every single staff member was warm and friendly, and that includes toward my pup.

You won't be disappointed in staying here...though I might be for telling too many people how great it is and not getting a room the next time!

Also note...we didn't do any exploring but very close by is a Tim Hortons and McDonalds.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad one. If you are offered a chance to upgrade, go for it. If you have trouble...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed two days in June for a wedding.

The good things:
The best physical feature is the comfortable dining room with big windows and lots of wood. Their wine list includes Niagara wines that are produced nearby. In the evening, the room has a flattering glow - nice for date night.

The staff are warm, friendly and very professional. The atmosphere is relaxing. Although this is casual dining, the tables were set with linens and proper cutlery. The dining area was very clean - everything was perfectly spotless.

I had an excellent steak dinner, and perfectly baked eggplant. The food and atmosphere were so pleasant that I returned for a late night snack of 3 cheese dip and a Caesar drink. Delicious.

The disappointments:
Booking in and out had a few glitches due to miscommunication between the reservation service and the hotel. Rates, fee holds, and number of nights were confused. Problems were fixed politely. Perhaps some of the front desk staff were students without the professional polish of the regular staff.

The hotel is large and rather standard. My suite had dark colours and an old television. I noticed water mark rings on a table and a piece of popcorn on the floor. The bed cover had a stain on it and the other had hair on the sheets. I found a small black spider on the bed in the morning. The Internet connection was very weak and I could not post simple text to Facebook. I confess that I did not complain and of course the hotel did not have a chance to fix things. In hindsight, I believe problems would be fixed quickly.

Overall experience:
The staff are outstanding. Every person I met was warm, polite, friendly, professional and prompt. Even the housekeeping staff smiled and said good morning. They are genuinely nice even when supervisors are not around.

You know the feeling of "taking a chance" and hoping that you haven't wasted money on a bad experience? I will never worry here. The special value is in knowing - for sure - that my stay will be pleasant due to the top-notch standards achieved by these great people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mbelford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I travel with my dog often and I've noticed a difference between dog friendly hotels and hotels that accept dogs. This hotel did not act as though my dog was a hassle. They greeted him with treats and did not act if I was walking a tiger when we walked through the lobby.

The room was impeccably clean and quite large. Every staff member, from the front desk to the bartender to the wait staff at the restaurant, we're friendly and helpful. Overall, a stellar hotel. Oh, if you run, be sure to check out the quarry across the street. It was a great place to run and walk the dog.

• Stayed June 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed as a group [12 families] at the Four Points by Sheraton in THOROLD and had a very positive experience.

The rooms were great -separate 2/bed room and a living room/dining area with kitchenette - which was very helpful for socializing and relaxing while watching TV or utilizing the free internet. The rooms were clean and up to date. While the [free] parking lot seemed to be suffering some modifications and the location only has a Tim Horton's and McDonalds in the immediate area, it was still convenient to Brock and the various highways we needed to get places. Close to the border as well.

The hotel seemed to be hosting folks from many other sporting events [tournaments and cycling clubs] but overall they were no sound/noise issues - which I am sensitive too.

Had a pool, hot tub and gym - that I was too busy to enjoy - but the boys in our group did.

One last point is the restaurant onsite - while I don't typically endorse hotel food because they usually fall short.... this one rose to the occasion. We had a couple "group" meals there varying in size and many breakfasts and all the experiences were very good to excellent. Salads were great, sandwiches, pastas and pizzas, etc - very good as well [not high end gourmet - but very respectable, creative and interesting]. The service was the best part and they were able to offer local wines that enhanced our experience.

If you book here - you'll likely have nothing to worry about... your needs will be met.

Only slight negative is the mattresses are not as good as Marriott Hotel chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed there when we picked our daughter up from university. The hotel was very conveniently located. I booked two rooms and they automatically upgraded one. Our room had a very loud humming sound which can from a generator next to it. It was so loud that we were unable to sleep, so when we called the front desk not only did they relocate us they assisted us with our luggage and gave us the Presidential Suite. We were still inconvenienced however they made there best efforts to make us comfortable. We will definitely be staying there again on our many trips to St. Catherines.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about the noise you encountered while you here with us. However, we try to ensure that everyone has a great nights' rest and I'm happy that we were able to relocate your room for you. I hope that your daughter had a great year at university and that we see you again in September. Have a great summer!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I came to stay at this hotel for a conference. The Meeting rooms were well prepared and the staff very helpful. The pool is not too large, but the gym and hot tub were a great bonus. The area is not too busy--outside the busy Niagara Falls scene.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It sounds like you had a good meeting and you were able to fit in some rejuvenation with a workout and a swim. I'm delighted that we were able to make your stay away from home worthwhile. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I initially had booked 3 nights, however my plans changed and i no longer required 3 nights and had to reduce my reservation to one night only. After calling the 1-800 # who could not make changes to my reservations, they asked that I had to call the hotel directly, who put me thru to reservations again. Reservations could not change my nights due to a policy this hotel had put in place with a 2 night mininum stay. When making the reservations, i had asked if i can modify or cancel and they said no problem. They asked that i call the hotel again and i did who asked me now to speak to a manager. The manager was out so i had to leave a message, then i decided to make my modification online, however the online tool didn't allow me make changes and said the hotel was sold out - asking me to change my dates. SO FRUSTRATING!!.
I decided to call the 1-800 # again, and asked to speak to a manager - I was put thru to a supervisor Jamusz ext. 5311, who asked me "why i was reducing my nights?", "why did i book 3 nights instead of one night" if that's what i really wanted......by now i am livid. I can not believe that a Starwoords hotel would ask these personal questions to a member. Obviously if i am reducing my nights its because my plans changed and i no longer need 3 nights. Unbelievable.....why do i need to explain my personal life??? I asked to speak to manager again, who did call back and apologize on behalf of the idiot. This is a review on customer service not the property itself. I'm sure the property is very nice and meets all the aspects of a Starwoods hotel. I am very disappointed with the amount of time i have spent wanting to do a simple task to reduce my stay from 3 nights to one night. I will not recommend this hotel to no one, the hassle and time consuming to make changes is not worth my effort. we are in 2013 and i would think exceptions and consideration would be made.

Room Tip: there are no exception made not even one attempt to provide good customer service....starting with J...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this reservation situation has caused for you. During peak buisiness times in the hotel, we do have restricitons put in place and for the weekend that you were looking at, yes we do have a minimum two night stay restriction in place. When you made the original reservation, it did meet the stay pattern and therefore there was no warning given as to what would be required if this was to change. Unfortunately we were unable to meet your stay request of one night, the Saturday night for that weekend.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites? Share your experiences!