Well, it would be if my canine daughter had opposable thumbs!
This place is like the oasis of the QEW...after a 2.5+hour trek from Toronto (typically a 1.5 hour drive) that was often stop and go...it was SUCH a relief to know we had plans to spend the night before continuing our journey home. Check in couldn't have been any more efficient and it leaves one to wonder why it takes longer at other properties.
Front desk staff was so pleasant...and willing to help with my terrible problem: I needed help with consuming a pizza from the restaurant:-) so they took just a couple pieces off my hands.
Within minutes we were in a lovely spacious suite that was already cooled to a comfortable temperature and was incredibly comfortable and immaculate. This is without a doubt the only place I would never be concerned to walk barefoot. My pup acted as if it was so special...like being allowed in the "living room" of her grandmother who typically has the hallowed ground blocked off. I always travel with a large beachtowel to cover the furnishings and once it was covering the sofa, she made herself very much at home.
The staff in the restaurant as well were very considerate, and packaged up the pizza to go in a box while putting the salad and plate and utensils in a plastic bag which made it easy to carry. Very thoughtful!
The bed as always was very comfortable, the hotel quiet, and I awoke the next morning to thoughts of how I could stay at this 4 Points 4ever. I began to fantasize about checking if the nearby university had a job and or if the hotel would hire me in exchange for room and board.
Note that this place has FREE parking (compare that to Toronto where the tab for under 5 days was nearly $70!!!) and FREE local calls (if you pick up a phone card you can call the States for very little that way) and FREE wifi. You just can't go wrong.
In fact, because of some unfortunate disappointments in the big TO, I am seriously considering staying less time there next time and a day or two longer here.
BTW, every single staff member was warm and friendly, and that includes toward my pup.
You won't be disappointed in staying here...though I might be for telling too many people how great it is and not getting a room the next time!
Also note...we didn't do any exploring but very close by is a Tim Hortons and McDonalds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites has 11,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space, perfectly accommodating a variety of events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
- Four Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Hotel Thorold
- Four Points Thorold
- Sheraton Thorold
- Four Points Sheraton St Catharines
- Thorold Four Points
- Thorold Sheraton
- Four Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites Thorold, Ontario, Canada