I stayed two days in June for a wedding.
The good things:
The best physical feature is the comfortable dining room with big windows and lots of wood. Their wine list includes Niagara wines that are produced nearby. In the evening, the room has a flattering glow - nice for date night.
The staff are warm, friendly and very professional. The atmosphere is relaxing. Although this is casual dining, the tables were set with linens and proper cutlery. The dining area was very clean - everything was perfectly spotless.
I had an excellent steak dinner, and perfectly baked eggplant. The food and atmosphere were so pleasant that I returned for a late night snack of 3 cheese dip and a Caesar drink. Delicious.
Booking in and out had a few glitches due to miscommunication between the reservation service and the hotel. Rates, fee holds, and number of nights were confused. Problems were fixed politely. Perhaps some of the front desk staff were students without the professional polish of the regular staff.
The hotel is large and rather standard. My suite had dark colours and an old television. I noticed water mark rings on a table and a piece of popcorn on the floor. The bed cover had a stain on it and the other had hair on the sheets. I found a small black spider on the bed in the morning. The Internet connection was very weak and I could not post simple text to Facebook. I confess that I did not complain and of course the hotel did not have a chance to fix things. In hindsight, I believe problems would be fixed quickly.
The staff are outstanding. Every person I met was warm, polite, friendly, professional and prompt. Even the housekeeping staff smiled and said good morning. They are genuinely nice even when supervisors are not around.
You know the feeling of "taking a chance" and hoping that you haven't wasted money on a bad experience? I will never worry here. The special value is in knowing - for sure - that my stay will be pleasant due to the top-notch standards achieved by these great people.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Hotel
- 4 Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
- Four Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Hotel Thorold
- Four Points Thorold
- Sheraton Thorold
- Four Points Sheraton St Catharines
- Thorold Four Points
- Thorold Sheraton
- Four Points By Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites Thorold, Ontario, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites has 11,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space, perfectly accommodating a variety of events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.