“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO MODIFY RESERVATIONS” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3530 Schmon Parkway, Thorold, Ontario L2V 4Y6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Thorold
Ontario
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO MODIFY RESERVATIONS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I initially had booked 3 nights, however my plans changed and i no longer required 3 nights and had to reduce my reservation to one night only. After calling the 1-800 # who could not make changes to my reservations, they asked that I had to call the hotel directly, who put me thru to reservations again. Reservations could not change my nights due to a policy this hotel had put in place with a 2 night mininum stay. When making the reservations, i had asked if i can modify or cancel and they said no problem. They asked that i call the hotel again and i did who asked me now to speak to a manager. The manager was out so i had to leave a message, then i decided to make my modification online, however the online tool didn't allow me make changes and said the hotel was sold out - asking me to change my dates. SO FRUSTRATING!!.
I decided to call the 1-800 # again, and asked to speak to a manager - I was put thru to a supervisor Jamusz ext. 5311, who asked me "why i was reducing my nights?", "why did i book 3 nights instead of one night" if that's what i really wanted......by now i am livid. I can not believe that a Starwoords hotel would ask these personal questions to a member. Obviously if i am reducing my nights its because my plans changed and i no longer need 3 nights. Unbelievable.....why do i need to explain my personal life??? I asked to speak to manager again, who did call back and apologize on behalf of the idiot. This is a review on customer service not the property itself. I'm sure the property is very nice and meets all the aspects of a Starwoods hotel. I am very disappointed with the amount of time i have spent wanting to do a simple task to reduce my stay from 3 nights to one night. I will not recommend this hotel to no one, the hassle and time consuming to make changes is not worth my effort. we are in 2013 and i would think exceptions and consideration would be made.

Room Tip: there are no exception made not even one attempt to provide good customer service....starting with J...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this reservation situation has caused for you. During peak buisiness times in the hotel, we do have restricitons put in place and for the weekend that you were looking at, yes we do have a minimum two night stay restriction in place. When you made the original reservation, it did meet the stay pattern and therefore there was no warning given as to what would be required if this was to change. Unfortunately we were unable to meet your stay request of one night, the Saturday night for that weekend.

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently spent the night at the Four Points. We arrived at 2 a.m after a flying into Buffalo New York to find our luggage had been lost. We were exhausted and upset. We were met by a great receptionist who provded us with complementary over night kits. The suite we were given was extremely spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. In the morning the helpful front desk staff provided free coffee and voucher for a discount to a pancake breakfast

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I'm so sorry to read about the airline losing your luggage however I'm glad that we were able to help you out with some basics for you and breakfast to help you get through the morning. Thank you for letting me know of the great job the staff did for you while you were here. I will certainly pass on the comments to them.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I travel around the globe on business and stay at many fine hotels. In my opinion this hotel is one of the best values dollar for dollar that I have found. The rooms a extremely clean not to mention spacious! The staff are friendly and the location is not to bad to get to where you want to go. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a good place to stay while in the Niagara area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Christian, thank you so much for the awesome review. This is so nice to hear especially from a "seasoned" traveler. I share all the comments with the team here at the hotel and I know they will be happy to read this as well. Have a great weekend!
Kingsville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Terrible reviews are a joke. This hotel is 15 minutes from Niagara Falls. We've gotten rooms at times for $99/nt, including breakfast but that us not always the case. The rooms are all suites with three rooms being a bedroom, bathroom and livingroom. They are great. The onsite restaurant was awesome too. The service at the restaurant and the front desk were terrific. Please, if you have a kids sporting tournament in that area, by all means stay there. I'm getting ready to book there again myself....

• Stayed November 2012
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks for the great comments on the front desk and dining room associates and the food in the dining room. I'm glad that your time with us was enjoyable and we hope to see you back soon!
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I like this hotel. We've stayed here a number of times, while visiting family in St. Catharines. My favourite part of the hotel is the open atrium, which goes from the ground floor to the top. The place is airy, roomy, and provides a welcome contrast to miserable grey weather. There are also other places in the hotel where skylights beam down from the roof through wide, glassed-in shafts to the ground floor. The hallways are wide and the suites are very large.

We received a very welcoming response when we checked in, and were happy to move into one of the roomy suites on the fourth floor. Both of us brought work with us, so it was good to have a separate room where we could lay out our laptops, files, and notes and work, away from the bedroom.

The free wifi is very easy to access, which is a relief, and parking is free.

Our king bed was fairly comfortable, although we prefer a firmer mattress. But that's just a matter of taste.

Our rate included breakfast, and it was a big one: I had a huge omelette (could eat only half), potatoes, toast, a fruitcup, and tea. My spouse had scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, and tea.

I enjoyed working out in the fitness room. There was never more than one other person there, so I was always able to get onto the elliptical.

The one thing that surprised me is that the suites still contain old-fashioned tv's, with not-very-good-reception. I've been spoiled by other hotels: I've come to expect flat-screen tvs with good reception. It was somewhat disappointing for my spouse to have to watch the hockey game amidst the snow on the screen!

All in all, a good experience, and we will be back.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room on the top floor, far from the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments on all of our unique attributes in the hotel. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I just wanted to let you know we are starting a total renovation on property and so yes, those tv's will be changed and new flat screens will be here. I hope you are able to come back and stay with to see our new look.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

While this hotel is older(do hotels really have old style tv's anymore-very basic cable), it is very clean and pleasant. The staff was great and the coffee was good(honestly where is the free breakfast?)
I have one thing to say to the hotel-: please take your guests license plate numbers. There was a car alarm which went on for hours from 2:30 until 4:30 am. They had no way of knowing whose car it was.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Another beautiful Starwood property, fast & smooth check in and upgraded to the lovely Royal Suite. Going down to check out the hotel restaurant ! Life is good, thank you Sheraton Four Points. Tomorrow we visit a few Canadian Wineries then off to the Falls.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites? Share your experiences!