“Fall in love without the falls right outside, but close enough” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3530 Schmon Parkway, Thorold, Ontario L2V 4Y6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thorold
Cleveland OH
“Fall in love without the falls right outside, but close enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My canine daughter and I have stayed here several times and continue to enjoy it very much. The staff--especially Jamie and her co-worker the night we checked in---could not have been kinder and more helpful. We felt very welcome and look forward to returning. There is great comfort in knowing a hotel remains consistent in providing quality service, attention to detail, and cleanliness. I don't know how they do it, but I am so glad they do!
Our room was very spacious and comfortable.
The pizza is outstanding... almost worth the 3.5 hour drive to get there for it! Though I DO wish they'd consider putting the French Silk pie back on the menu!
Hotel is both quiet, and very, very, clean. And in a pleasant change, the room service charges are more reasonable than other places.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
GMFPbS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for the kind words regarding the service from our associates as well as the pizza. I will certainly pass this along to them. I'll speak to the chef on the French Silk pie for you and see what I can do! Thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Milton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

During our stay on October the sprinkler malfunctioned in our room and turned our room into Niagara Falls. We were put in another room for the evening and the staff at that point tried to salvage our trip (we were there for a wedding) after about 1 hour of being attentive to our needs we no longer had any interaction with the staff other than with our initiative. We to date our trying to recover the damages that were incurred during the sprinkler malfunction. We do not get our phones calls returned by the General Manager Linda Welsh and when we do finally get her on the phone she hurries us off with repeated promises of calling us back. If this is how they treat their customers they have ALOT to learn about customer service!

Room Tip: Do not stay here go anywhere else!!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Large room, speparate living room and bedroom, no kitchen, suite. Old style TVs and inwall A/C, just seemed a bit tired and old style, old couch, bed - good if you want space.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

The hotel is very confiniently located and it is actually 15 minutes drives to the falls. Upon check in the agent does not recognize nor offering any amenities or upgrade option for my Platinum status with SPG even though the hotel at max at 10 % capacity on that time, we were given the lowest type of room.
Restaurant - room service are very good in quality and price.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

This is generally a good alternative to staying at the Falls, especially during holiday or peak seasons. The Falls is 20 minutes away, but the dollar savings probably makes it worth it on such occasions. The staff were kind (the breakfast lady was extremely friendly) and efficient (items like extra blankets or towels were quickly delivered when requested).

However, please protect yourself by printing out the confirmation of your booking and taking it with you to the hotel. It seems there is a tendency to overbook rooms at this location, perhaps on busy occasions like New Years Eve.

Here is my experience: I had booked a two bedroom, two bathroom suite this past New Years Eve for a one night stay there with three other friends. After reading the mostly positive reviews of this hotel, I stumbled upon one that had mentioned the run-around they had received at the front desk (to that reviewer, thank you).

As a result, I decided to call ahead not once, but three times on New Years Eve to verify the availability of the room (the last call a mere three hours before my arrival there) and each time was told that there would be no problem with respect to availability since I had held the two bedroom suite with a credit card.

However on my arrival at the hotel the front desk tried to convince me that I had only booked a one bedroom suite (while charging me the two bedroom suite rate). They only changed their tone when I presented them with a printout of the actual booking from Sheraton.com, at which point they concluded that there must be a problem with their computer system.

Well...maybe. :) Perhaps if there is a management response to this, you can update everyone on the status of this computer glitch? A discrepancy between what customers book through Sheraton.com and what actually gets recorded in your reservation system is a very serious issue.

To front desk's credit (after I got slightly irate) they offered to let us stay in the one bedroom unit for free, finally admitting that the fault was theirs. Its just a bit unfortunate that I had to convince them of something they already knew.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

I spent several nights over the Christmas holiday at this hotel and the first 24 hours both thermostats were working fine and there was heat in both rooms but sometimes on the 24th the thermostat in the main room was "mysteriously" shut off.It was cool as hell for the 3 days; luckily I didn't spend too much time there.
I'll never book a room at this place in the winter time again.Summer maybe....

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
I sincerely apologise for the thermostat in your room not working. All the heating units are fairly new in the hotel so this is unusual. I will have our maintnenace department check it right away. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Cleveland OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

This hotel continues to maintain its high level of friendliness, attentiveness, and overall comfort. It has become a regular stop on my journey home from Toronto as the trip just is a bit too long when encountering Toronto's rush hours. The hotel is very well-maintained and clean, and cleaned by a very friendly and kind crew, as is the front desk staff each time I've visited. Although I didn't personally have interest in it, the hotel is now home to a Spa. The free and plentiful parking is a relief compared to the prices of Toronto. Rooms are spacious. My only disappointment is that they have stopped serving the French silk pie, and don't even have apple! And I regret to admit that the pizza I thought was worthy of a 3 hour drive just to get a slice, was not up to par this past trip...perhaps a new chef, or some skimping on the sauce?

Also, although this was resolved as promised, I ordered the items on the continental breakfast, and said that was what I was ordering...when the order came (via room service) and I was asked to sign the check, I noticed the total was nearly double...there was some vague excuse about how everything was put on separately, but it was quickly amended.

Most important of all...this hotel warmly welcomes canine kids...I will not travel without mine, and they make it all the easier.

• Stayed September 2010
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your visits to our hotel. We certainly value your patronage. I apologize for the pizza not quite being up to par and will certainly pass your comments along to the Executive Chef. I will see what I can do about the return of the French Silk Pie. I might have some pull in this area!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites? Share your experiences!