The two of us stayed one night during the Easter long weekend. Location of the resort is not the best. We had a lakeside view in our room with a little balcony which also overlooks the pool and hot tub. We access our room, however, from the outside of the building and directly across is some shady looking industrial area. Not much of a stroll you can get in the area.
The room itself is a studio which comes with a full kitchen. Nice size room and bathroom. Best thing about the bathroom is you have a choice between using the shower or a hand held shower. The pots and pans and cutleries we noticed, however, were rather filthy with stains on them. Ventilation of the building is not the best as I was waken up by some strong cooking smell from next door. As we ourselves were trying to boil water using a pot over the stove (not the kettle), the smoke alarm went off (when we were only boiling water and nothing else otherwise). The smoke alarm kept beeping for a couple minutes before silencing, meanwhile, no staff nor anyone actually came to inquire.
Pool was closed on the day we were there. Water in the hot tub was not hot enough and neither was the temperature in the sauna room.
Other than the above minor issues, overall experience with the resort was good - friendly staff, parking included, room was clean, nice kitchen and furniture, king size bed was rather comfy.
- Also Known As:
- Summerland Waterfront Hotel Summerland
- Summerland Waterfront Resort And Spa
- Summerland Waterfront Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of British Columbia's Okanagan Valley is the beautiful town of Summerland - A hidden gem with a distinct Old English theme complete with its very own Town Crier. There's lots to see and do here - whether you are looking to play golf in the summer, hit the slopes in the winter, or go for a tour of the wineries or enjoy one of the many festivals throughout the year. Summerland's newest addition and the regions premier vacation property is the Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa on Okanagan Lake. The Resort was designed so that you and your family can enjoy the total Okanagan experience. Over 75% of the resort guestrooms & Suites have spectacular lakeside views, and all suites come with full kitchens, dining and living room areas, fireplaces and soaker tubs. Rooms range in size to comfortably accommodate 2 to 6 family members. You Will also find an outdoor pool and hot tub, exercise facilities and water sport rentals right at the hotel's doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.