“Excellent food...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 7 restaurants in Frenchtown
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Eclectic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Twisted Cork Cafe, located in the heart of Frenchtown,offers a relaxing, comfortable, yet elegant atomosphere while providing gracious service and exceptional cuisine.Utilizing fresh local fish and produce when available(on premise garden coming in 2013).In addition, our bar is always warm and inviting for our regular patrons, or guests passing through who wish to imbibe their favorite libation in a cozy and friendly environment.
St. Thomas
“Excellent food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I went there for a lunch with a business friend. The food was over the top, perhaps too much so for lunch.
I had the appetizer sample plate of five. One was as good as the other.

The space has gone through a major renovation. They still need to get some stuff on the walls as the place looks spartan.

Good service, good food.......I will go back there for dinner. I think the lunch was too costly. A simpler lunch menu may be in order.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bryan L, Owner at The Twisted Cork Cafe, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for the review. All the input we get helps us to continue to grow and strive for excellence.

90% Recommend
St. Thomas
“Can't wait to go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Amazing! We went for dinner and had the Pork Ossobucco and Salmon Risotto. Very generous portions and the food was delicious! Eric who was behind the bar had great recommendations to pair the our wine with our meals. We also had a ginger spring roll appetizer and when we couldn't decide on which dessert, Eric brought out half portions of each! Great food and great service. Definitely the best meal I have had on island in a long time. If you are looking for one great place in St. Thomas to eat this is it!

• Visited December 2012

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I never get tired of good wine, great service and even better food. On my last visit to the islands The Twisted Cork Cafe did not disappoint on any of these categories. Having been a server for many years, I am quick to find flaws in quality and staff, but I was extremely impressed with everyone there and the service I was shown. I love the atmosphere, everyone was so inviting and quick to make you feel like family. We stopped in a few times and they even remembered our names!!! The menu was fresh, my filet was perfect and the mac and cheese was to die for! The bartender knew her way around a cocktail ;) which I always appreciate!!
Overall it was a memorable experience and I can't wait to go back!

• Visited November 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“wow! What an improvement for this space!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Last night, our party of 4 had dinner at the Twisted Cork. Wow! We had EJ as our server and she was wonderful! She described all of the menu items to a tee and gave us some excellent recommendations. I do have to agree with an earlier poster that the Mac & Cheese was incredible. 2 members of our party had the Filet & Mac entree and it both looked and tasted awesome. The Steak was done to perfection and the Mac sublime!

I had the Duck Breast special (not the one on the menu). It was served on an incredible mushroom risotto.

My Brother had the Mahi Mahi special which he loved so much that he finished it very quickly!

We also shared the Bread Pudding dessert and enjoyed it VERY MUCH!!

I am so happy that this restaurant has replaced Craig & Sally's. We used to go to C&S often. In recent years, C&S has declined so much that we could no longer go there. It was so hot inside and Craig was always so surly. The food had also diminished in quality. It was so sad to see that happen.

I HIGHLY recommend the Twisted Cork for dining. We eat out each of the 8 nights we are in St. Thomas and choose our options VERY carefully. We have now removed one of the restaurants that we used to love (OSF) and replaced it with the Twisted Cork for all future visits!

• Visited November 2012

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
“Interesting new approach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I waited for them to open and finally made it for dinner. Was there for opening night as I know the owners. Found it acoustically loud. Folks hard a hard time hearing each other. Something they told me they will work on. Friends were happy they were finally open. The food I saw looked pretty good.
The night I are there with friend we all ate the specials offered. My pork osso bucco was delicious as well as the mofongo it was served with. Others at the table enjoyed their meals as well.
I have heard people saying the food wasn't up to far but that night wasn't so. I will go back and see again what it's like. If different I will write about it. I thought the service was fine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere