“Epernay Bistro, A Bit of Paris in Frenchtown” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Epernay Bistro and Wine Bar is a Bistro and Wine Bar that serves delicious global cuisine with french inspired touch,old school craft cocktails and great wines. We have recently livened up the appearance of our deck & restaurant and are very proud of its new presentation. Stop by for one or both of our happy hours Monday to Friday 5-7pm and 11-1AM or come enjoy a drink on our improved deck and choose from one of our nightly specials(local caught fish.catch us on Brisket night or stop by for a late night bite..)
St. Thomas
“Epernay Bistro, A Bit of Paris in Frenchtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Epernay is such a wonderful dining experience. It really is like having a tiny Parisian gem right here on St. Thomas! Mike Stark and members of his staff [Fernando, Jen and the rest] all do an outstanding job in making sure that you have a memorable experience. Epernay offers a very unique and excellently prepared menu--escargot, truffle oil French Fries, steak and pomme frites, mussels and some of the best calamari on the island! Every item is prepared by the chef with an unexpected and wonderful twist that just leaves you wanting more. Fresh, local ingredients, creativity and an attention to detail make for a chef's dream come true and you can tell that Epernay's chef is passionate about what he does.

For the small, intimate size of Epernay, they have undoubtedly one of the best stocked bars and wine collections around.

If you haven't dined here, you should go! If you have, then you'll be like us and keep going back!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great meal, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The place is really small. Went in by myself for a late dinner. Sat at the bar and the waiter was very friendly. I was drinking rum at my hotel so decided to have the Epernay Punch. Michael the owner came out to show the new bartender how to do it. Let me tell you it was one of the best rum punches I've ever had. Had the mussels for appetizer and them ahimsa hi for dinner. Both were outstanding and the service was great. Prices are a little bit high but I think it is worth it. I would go again in one of my routine business trips to St Thomas. I would recommend it if you are in the area, and this is a better place that the The Pie Whole ( in the same area).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Thomas
“A little slice of heaven in Frenchtown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Having lived on St Thomas for twenty five years, I am happy to report the one of the finest meals available can now be found at Epernay.
Michael, Oleg, Fernando and Kayla make you feel at home from beginning to end.
The cuisine is like nothing else on island.
Five Star food created with skill and love!
It is a must for all foodies!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“True standout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This place really exceeded our expectations. Just know that it's French food, not islandy, if that's the vibe you're looking for.

We sat at the bar while they prepped a table for us, bartender-owner Michael chatted with us about the island, his philosophy on drinks, and gave another couple his frank recommendations for the best restaurants and bars on the island. And the cocktails were creative and the tastiest I'd had in a long time, maybe ever.

Ingredients and preparation were of the kind I'd expect from a top quality restaurant on the mainland. Corn chowder with shrimp and pequillo pepper relish was delicious (my wife couldn't stop stealing spoonfuls) and the escargot on toasted italian bread with bacon-onion jam and various greens was also awesome. Can't remember what my wife got, but remember it was very tasty too.

The service and atmosphere were also great. Servers took turns visiting and continually checked on us. It's a cute, cosy space with a few tables on its front porch, and even the music was cool (jazz and kinda euro stuff).

• Visited March 2014
Nowheresville, MI
“A Foodies Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

There are a lot of restaurants on St Thomas with very good food and great views. I've eaten at most if them. But Epernay is a step above all those places; it is a "foodies delight", with a 5-star presentation. The strawberry gazpacho was unbelievable and I normally don't care that much for gazpacho. The Kobe meatloaf and lavender-encrusted tuna were fantastic. The torte and double espresso provided a powerful finish. Couple the food with a terrific wine selection and it makes for a penultimate gastronomical experience. This is a small place so make reservations, especially if you plan to go at happy hour.

In five years of coming to St Thomas, I regret not having given Epernay a try before. With Chef Olga(?), it is a remarkable restaurant and I can't wait to go back, which is the highest recommendation that I can give.

• Visited February 2014