“Best of Show” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
St. Thomas
“Best of Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

If I had to pick a hands down winner in all categories after eating on STT since 1984, it's Pie Hole.

I can't estimate how many times I've eaten there only to say "every opportunity". I have never taken a guest there, including the well travel, food savvy, hard to impress ones, that was not REALLY impressed. Good fresh ingredients, well prepared = winner.

Service has always been great. Laura and Becca are both beyond great. My only problem is narrowing my selections to what I can eat and carry away at that sitting.

I used to think the area where they did not excell was dessert, which really was a plus considering how great the food is, but they've added a warm chocolate brownie with ice cream that is superb!!! NOT a gooey doughy chocolate mess. A nice dry brownie that is a chocolate *land mine*. Topped with housemade ice cream.

As for location. It's in a Frenchtown hole-in-the wall. Genius! Not a place you'd linger for a 3-hour dinner, but a fun place to sit.

Tip: call ahead to avoid overwhelming crowds. I'm not the only one who likes Pie Hole.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Paradise, California
“Don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was great! Hard to find but worth the search. Seating is limited so make a reservation if you can. Loved it.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The best beer and pizza!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

A must if you drink real beer and want great pizza! Best pizza on St. Thomas. We took the downtown ferry from St. john to get there... easy as pie.

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent pizza spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is our third time at Pie whole. It took us four days before we could get in at dinner time because there are so little tables but there is a bar that seats ten. But we wanted to sit and enjoy our dinner and when we finally got in, as usual the food was awesome. The pizza was excellent and every time my husband chose a beer, they were out of stock ,but by the time he finally got one, it was great. Definitely recommend you make reservations ahead of time or you will be disappointed

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A must eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great meal and great staff! The spinach dip app is awesome - made on their fresh made crust. Really delicious. I had pasta which was very good. My wife had a calzone which was great as well. Save room for the homemade brownie with homemade ice cream (white chocolate macadamia nut was my choice). One of the best meals we had on the island during our vacation.

Just a note - make a reservation if you want to go - it is small and they fill up with just reservations. Walk-in seats will be hard to get.

Visited March 2014