“The most amazing place to get married!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petite Anse Hotel Grenada

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Patrick Parish
Petite Anse Hotel Grenada
You added Petite Anse Hotel Grenada to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   P O Box 2960 | Sauteurs, 2960, Grenada   |
England
“The most amazing place to get married!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Don't even know where to begin. It was the most amazing place ever! We decided to get married abroad and Petite Anse was suggested by a friend in Grenada who had heard about it. We looked at the website and thought it looked wonderful, and after liasing with the owners Annie and Philip (who reassured us how easy it was to arrange the wedding) we booked. When we arrived I was literally breathless at the beauty of the place and how it has perfectly it has been designed and landscaped.
The wedding itself was managed from start to finish by Annie and Philip and was a completely stressless experience. They arranged transport to St Georges (the capital) to process the licence application. Conatcted the priest (there is even a choice of priest depending on your beliefs - if any), who came to see us at the hotel to talk about the wedding and what being married means. Dont be put off we had a great laugh with Gerry. Philip collected the paperwork so that we didnt have to make another journey. The kitchen staff made the cake, and Annie made the bouquet of flowers. they offered to iron my dress before I wore it, it didnt need it though, and Annie kept it so my husband didnt see it until the ceremony. We got married and then champagne appeared. We traveled with our best man, and have friends who live in Grenada so they travelled up in the evening and had dinner with us. The whole day was magical and made so much more special as Annie and Philip just took care of everything, we cannot thank them enough.
We stayed in the honeymoon suite and just echo what all the other reviews say; wonderful views, THE most comfortable bed - made even better by lying with the door open falling asleep to the sound of the sea. Fresh milk, tea, coffee and mini bar filled everyday. Laundry washed and returned next day. All ironed and as fresh as the sea!
The staff are amazing, they are all wonderful, helpful and friendly without being intrusive. If you go you must try a BBC cocktail - my favorite! The food is also wonderful, fresh and changes daily. Lots of local produce and fish. most of it from Annie and Philips garden. The Chef and kitchen staff are so good!
I guess reading this you may think it all sounds too good to be true, but words cannot express how wonderful this hotel is - in everyway. I could write more, our days out to Sandy Island and the waterfall all arranged by Annie and Phillip were brilliant.
The north of Grenada is a beautiful and unspoilt place. There is as much or as little to da as you want. Its not as sticky as the south of the island due to the breeze and less people. You get much more of a local feel visiting there too. We have already planned next years trip and feel it could be an annual one - well we do have an anniversary to celebrate now!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

Pictures say a thousand words however, whatever the photos you have viewed of Petite Anse they cannot do it justice. You have to physically see this gem of a place in the unspoilt area of Grenada.

There is nothing nearby: hotels or nightclubs. You come down the driveway and are blown away by a beautiful hotel comprising 11 cottages including 2 deluxe, in a private and quiet cove. I was staying in the cottage by the sea and like the other rooms had my own deck where I enjoyed an early morning tea, reading a book, watching the sunrise, while drying off after just having had an early morning dip in the ocean. All the room have brilliant views of the ocean including the shower room ensuites. How magical was that, I cannot even begin to form the words.

The rooms all have french doors leading onto the deck - I had them open all day and night and enjoyed the sound of the surf while I nodded off to dreamland in my queen size four poster bed... though to be honest I think I was in dreamland all day and every day by staying here..

The staff are absolutely delightful - everyone has a ready smile and warm welcome and cannot do enough to make one's stay special. One day my laundry was done for me and came back smelling so fresh and clean, ironed and hung up in my wardrobe. I loved it.

Philip and Annie, the owners, are brilliant, warm and very friendly and are always around to oversee everything and chat to their guests. In actual fact they arranged a boat trip out to Sandy Island with some local fishermen. What an absolute delight.. The fishermen did some spearfishing as well as catching some lobster which were all cooked over an open fire on the beach of this deserted island, nothing was left!. ... Never will you ever taste such fresh fish. And never will I experience another birthday in quite the same way.

If you are looking for piece and tranquillity and a huge dose of beauty in a location which cannot be compared, with scrumptious food and drink all readily available when you want it, then this is the place to come and experience.

I was there for a week and to be honest wish it had been longer, all sense of reality is lost and really is a wonderful way to spend some downtime away from the hubbub of life. It's good to reenergise the body and soul and clear the mind and be ready to face the 'real world' after this fantasy island experience.

I shall return and that is a promise!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

Petite Anse Hotel is the best kept secrete in Grenada. Phillip and Annie Clift created a beautiful little elegant hotel with an Island feel. I did not stay at the hotel but had the opportunity to dine in the fabulous restaurant. What a meal!! It was superb. The service was gracious the quality and presentation of food and beverage was outstanding. All done in a relaxed atmosphere with scenery to die for. Everyone should experience this
“Hidden Gem”
Congratulations Phillip and Annie!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

We have just spent the most magical short break at Petit Anse. Those extra few minutes to get there from the south of the island place are fully justified. We know all the hotels in Grenada and this place offers something a little different and a little special.

Philip & Annie are lovely warm welcoming people and make you feel at home straight away, the food is fantastic, the staff superb, and the individual rooms are beautiful with breath taking views. The whole place just exudes calmness & relaxation set in a perfect tranquil location. We fell in love with the whole place within minutes of arrival.

We will be back as soon as we possibly can..........................

Phil & Hel

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Carolinas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I stumbled across the website for Petite Anse while looking for a vacation that would offer relaxation, water, and forests, and the only detail with which we had to concern ourselves after confirming availability was to book our flights.

The owners and staff of Petite Anse are the warmest and most generous people that we have ever met. It is too often that the owners of a vacation destination become no more than an acquaintance from behind the Front Desk , or that the staff becoming a rotating circus of indifferent cut-outs; however, at Petite Anse, Annie and Philip are so aware of their guests and their needs and each member of the staff is so friendly and personal that we simply cannot imagine vacationing anywhere else now. We spent a full week at Petite Anse and would attest that every whim was catered to and every detail was considered for us. Each day, awakened only by the sound of surf and birds, we could decide what we thought we'd like to do while chatting over the best coffee and breakfast, then Annie and Philip would take care of the rest. As a matter of fact, we decided to get married while in Grenada, and they took care of all the planning for that, too! It was simply magical!

The other great reviews thus far are not exaggerations. Once you're there, you can choose from different activities and then just say when. The island is relaxing in itself and you can do as much or as little as you please. We also completely recommend the full-board option. You won't need or want to go anyplace else on the island for a meal. For breakfast, there is a buffet of fresh breads, fruits, juices, and cereals or the kitchen staff would be glad to prepare an order. Lunch and dinner are incredibly delicious and change with the fresh catch and produce of the day. As someone with a terribly sensitive stomach and some food allergies, I was giddy that I could eat anything placed before me. The atmosphere of the restaurant is inviting, and the pictures on the website cannot convey how beautiful the grounds, pool, bar, terrace, and dining room are. There are so many small details that make the place special--my favorite is the in-room china set which I could set on our porch in the morning to enjoy a cup of tea (milk in sugar are in the refrigerator) while watching the sun rise. Petite Anse, is, its own cove so the beach is private and only steps away, not across the street, adjoining other property, or open for peddlers as some other resorts/hotels are designed. The seclusion and unencumbered views are priceless.

I could write so much more about how fantastic Petite Anse was for us, but I can sum it up by saying that we are already planning our return for 2010.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
fedekat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

When booking a vacation I spend weeks finding just the right spot. I chose Petite Anse because it had everything I wanted, and it was more than I expected. This place is AMAZING!!!

Here are the highlights:

-The rooms are very comfortable- AC, lots of hot water, Internet, fridge, private balcony, ocean view, and they are SUPER private. You also get a free local mobile- with phone credit!

-The hotel has its own beach and a beautiful pool. There is plenty of room on the grounds to find your own area to sit and relax undisturbed.

-The restaurant/bar provided 3 meals a day with some of the freshest food I have ever had. The produce is from the owner's own gardens and the fish always seemed straight from the sea. The cuisine is a mix of flavors/influences but is still wonderfully simple. There are a few new options each day for lunch and dinner and a buffet or English breakfast.

-The owners, Annie and Phillip, will help you to arrange any activity- a private boat ride to fantasy, uninhabited island, an island tour, a scuba trip. They personally make sure that you get the best treatment and see the best places. No detail is spared to make sure you are happy and having fun. They are also a very fun, social pair that are full of interesting stories and warmth. Annie is a nurse, so if you get sick, she will be able to lend you a hand of find a doctor. Of course no one wants to get sick on vacation, but it is nice to know you won't be on your own if that happens on your vacation.

-The one thing to be aware of when booking this hotel is that it is 1.5 hours from the airport and there are not really any shops or tourist style places to eat close by. This was a PLUS for me- I live in NYC and can shop and eat out any day of the week. If you want those things, this might not be the right place for you. If you want personalized service, an amazing room, fresh food, natural beauty and tranquility in a no stress setting this is the place for you.

Grenada and Petite Anse was one of the best vacation experiences of my life!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

We had a fantastic time staying with Philip and Annie at Petit Anse. From the moment that we arrived we were made to feel like old friends, everyone was very welcoming and eager to help. We awoke the following morning to stunning views of the wild ocean from out of our bungalow. The hotel it self is set in a private cove and all of the rooms have sea views. For the whole of our stay nothing was too much trouble. The room themselves were spot on a, furnished to a very high standard and kept meticulously clean. We wish that we could return tomorrow!

If you want greater variety of beaches the hotel is only a short walk from a beautiful picturesque beach at Sauters and a little local beach with Livingston – who is quite a character (ask Annie to explain before you go!). A short drive away you can find Bathaway beach and Levara as well.

If you are just looking to relax then the hotel is perfect, sit and enjoy the infinity pool, stroll along the beach, enjoy the sun, food and good company- especially the resident Egret called Iggy.

If adventure is more your cup of tea then the North can offer you this as well. We went for a visit to the Belmont Estates- an organic cocoa plantation, took a trip to the rum distillery, went diving and had a look around the capital – St Georges and had a little look around. Everywhere on the island is accessible but be warned- driving in Grenada is an adventure in its own right!

Sitting on the balcony that plummets into the sea is the perfect way to enjoy the delicious food served at Petit Anse. It is a well-set fusion of European food created with homegrown local ingredients. If something from behind the bar is more to your liking Devon makes amazing cocktails, if you ask nicely he might even make up a new one just for you and don’t forget to ask to listen to one of his songs!

We stumbled onto this hotel completely by chance. I had already been in Grenada for a month and had looked around a lot of other hotels in the South. They were all rather disapointing. So we thought that we would take a chance. It was well worth the risk; our only regret is that a one-week is far too little time to truly enjoy such a unique and tranquil place.

Petite Anse is a real treat- you had better book your visit before it ends up fully booked years in advance! We certainly hope to return, one day…….

Scott and Ellie

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Petite Anse Hotel Grenada? Share your experiences!