“Was not what I expected......” 2 of 5 stars

You added Bel Air Plantation Resort to your Saves list
Bel Air Plantation Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   St. David's Point, LB 125, Grenada   |
Titusville, Florida
“Was not what I expected......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We spent half off our honeymoon here the last two weeks of November 2011. We had been sailing on a charter for 8 days and landed up at Bel Air for Thanksgiving week because my sister had hauled out at the marina up the road. I was expecting a luxury resort with a restaurant/bar etc. I was disappointed :( It was a long trip from the ferry in St. George's. When we arrived we found out the restaurant and bar were not open at all and half of the cottages were not open. They moved my sister froma two-bedroom villa to two one bedroom cottages and we had an adjacent cottage. We had a two-burner stove and microwave, but the closest grocery store was a $30 cab ride away. We had not rented a car, planning on eating at their restaurant. SO.....no food, no transportation, no beach (30 minute hke to LaSagesse was a litttle much for me physically). Pool was full, but did not circulate.....Chairs at the pool were moldy and in poor repair, one umbrella (nasty, dirty). Day we arrived there was an unhappy family on dead frogs in the pool :(. YOu can see that was was once a beautiful place...how sad. On Thanksgiving day, my sister cooked in her Villa and the water main to the area blew....it turned out to be a Nationa Lampoon's vacation story. I would definitely call there and double check before you go and see if anything was going to be open.....Not the honeymoon I dreamed off!!!! Think they would have at least given a discount for ZERO amenities!!! Oh....don't let the Direct TV dishes fool you...there is NO TV, no telephone.....and the A/C in the bedroom wall of our unit barely worked.....only cooled the one room at night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My family of three stayed in a two bedroom villa again this year. This is our third or fourth time at this resort. The villas are gorgeous individual cottages, wonderfully stocked with everything you need. The kitchen is fabulous, as is the interior decor. I would love to either transplant this villa to my home, or perhaps just move there and live right at Bel Air instead! The pool is lovely and refreshing. Just take the winding nutmeg path down to the restaurant which serves fabulous food and drink right by the water in an open air setting. Their callalo soup is delicious! A few days a week, there is entertainment as well. The owner is extremely helpful and will do anything possible to make your stay a pleasant one. I highly recommend Bel Air Plantation Resort.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

This is a very quiet hotel, rather remote (albeit on a small island), and with nice gardens and waterside location. The accommodation is very comfortable and spacious, although it has not been updated for some years. The restaurant is small but very pleasant, with a good bar. The current chef must be one of the best on the island. Lunch and dinner are excellent, sophisticated, and make full use of local produce. There is no beach at the resort, so you need a car. The housekeeping service is outstanding; the restaurant service somewhat laid back. Breakfast was a little disappointing but they are working on it. The American owner is very helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

From the happy hour tapas menue to the dinner menu , you will not be disappointed , best chef on the island and lovely location. Villa's and pool look lovely a real gem .

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I stayed at Bel Air Plantation for a few days with my girlfriend as a birthday present I planned with the assistance of the staff at Bel Air. I must say that it was one of the most beautiful and relaxing places I have ever stayed. The owner of the place was great when it came to helping me plan little things for my girlfriend's birthday. The staff at Bel Air was also very friendly and very hospitable.
Bel Air is not really for those looking for an exciting night life but if you are interested in the total feeling of utter relaxation along with the ability to slow down and just enjoy the true essence of your surroundings this is definitely the place. My girlfriend and I stayed in a one bedroom villa overlooking the infinity pool overlooking a beautiful view of the ocean. The villa itself was flawless. The food was great and if you do get a chance to take a walk out to the end of the property overlooking the ocean you should do so because it is very secluded and the views are to die for; a great place for a picnic, which the staff can prepare, or if you would just like to enjoy the environment in a peaceful setting.
All in all Bel Air is just a wonderful place to unwind.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Beauchamp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

We are on our last day at Bel Air Plantation and don't want to ever leave! After a week of bliss it is hard to imagine going home to everyday life.

Where to start? This small hotel is just perfection for those (like us) who are looking for a quiet retreat. Our cottage is cozy yet spacious, plenty of room, clean as could be and beautifully decorated - best of all very private. The pool is to die for and we have spent many afternoons lazing in and about the pool enjoying the chirrping birds and wonderful views.

We have really enjoyed the restaurant, food is excellent and the staff very attentive and friendly. I was feeling worn out one evening after a long day touring about the island and the chef was incredibly gracious, prepared a wonderful meal for us and personally delivered it to our cottage!

Beautiful island, wonderful hotel - highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

My wife and I recently needed some work done on our 56' sailboat. We were in Grenada and choose Grenada Marine in St. David's.
While the sailboat was on the land being worked on, we decided to stay at the nearby Bel Air Plantation.
We rented a perfect little cottage, the service and staff was great, even surprising us a delivery of movies a few times a week. The food and staff in the restaurant are both great.
But, most impressive was the atmosphere. Wow, we have sailed south from Maine and have stopped at almost all of the islands. Grenada is great and there is absolutely no better place than the Bel Air Plantation to come to relax and enjoy the sea and the sun.
It is really paradise! Just go to the pool and look out over the bay, you will know what I mean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bel Air Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!