“Awesome!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Epping Forest Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint David Parish
Epping Forest Bed & Breakfast
| P.O.Box 2669, Grenada   |
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Epping Forest cottage. Dave was a fantastic host, the grounds and pool are not to be missed. And what a view from the pool!! Although located inland (which is nice in that it is quiet and out of the hustle and bustle of town), it is very close to the bus line. Our original intent was to rent a car but between hitching with Dave and the bus line, did not find it necessary. The cottage was clean and comfortable and very private. We loved the seclusion but for who need to be wired, Dave does have wifi and satellite TV in the main house (thanks for letting us what the world series Dave!!). All in all, a wonderful experience and one we wouldn't hesitate to recommend!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Its a really beautiful place to stay in. Surrounded by vegetaition and then a magnificent view! Dave that runs the place is really cool, he helped me alot with everything, made me nice breakfust and got me from and back to the airport, it was perfect for me. And close to the guest house the buses are running in to town;) I can definetly recommend this place and this wonderful island Grenada!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I spent a week staying in the cottage within the grounds of Dave's Epping Forest property, as part of a two week trip to Grenada (another week in the north at Sauteurs) and enjoyed it very much. I didn't want to be in the Grand Anse area, preferring the greenery of the wonderful gardens here and having the space of a cottage instead of a room.

Definitely appreciated that on arrival, Dave met me at the airport, drove me to the property, had the kitchen stocked and made me dinner - all things I wouldn't feel like doing after a long flight. The next day he drove me down to Grand Anse to pick up my car. That's a great service, which makes you feel like the holiday is going to be easy-going instead of a hassle on arrival.

For the rest of the week, I did my own thing but Dave was around to chat and help with anything I needed. He's very easy going, and I would wander around his well-tended gardens without feeling like I was intruding, free to pick any fruit from the abundant trees.

A few things you should know..

1. There is wifi around the main house, although it doesn't reach the cottage. But there's a covered veranda and the pool area, where the wireless internet works fine, you can use anytime.

2. The property is about 15mins drive from St Georges, and about 20-25mins from Grand Anse. The area has good views and friendly locals. You could get away without a car, possibly, but they're cheap to hire.

3. Dave has 3 dogs, one of which is quite nosy, but they're completely harmless. I'm not a big fan of dogs, but it wasn't a problem at all. The cottage has its own garden which is fenced off anyway.

4. Aside from the first night's dinner, there's no meals included - I think it might be negotiable though, but the cottage has a good kitchen. I didn't see the rooms in the main house, not sure what the food deal is there - just email Dave and ask.

Overall, I would recommend staying here if you want to be away from the more developed coastal strip, and like the privacy and spaciousness of a cottage. A bargain!

Room Tip: Cottage is spacious and reasonably priced - didn't see the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Surrounded by the beautiful tropical gardens of the main house, the cottage is charming, private and comfortable. We watched the hummingbirds as we relaxed on our little porch... heard the tree frogs singing at night. The property is an oasis on a hill away from the tourist area. The owner, Dave, was extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating, stocking the fridge to start us off and drawing little maps of any destination we might inquire about. If you want to explore different areas we recommend renting a car, although public taxi-vans run regularly. La Sagesse is a small quiet palm-lined beach within 15 minutes. The restaurant there, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, is excellent. St. George and Grand Anse are also about 20 minutes in the other direction. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: we didn't see the rooms in the main house but the cottage was great
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I wanted to take my husband David to the Caribbean for his birthday and found Epping Forest B&B on the Internet. I could not have picked a better place, it is set in beautiful grounds high up in the hills in Grenada. We stayed in the cottage for two weeks. Wildlife abounds, along with fresh fruit in the gardens. Dave was a great host, easy going and very helpful. I did not realise how much we would love Grenada and I think the best thing I can say is that we will definitely be going back and staying at Epping Forest B&B. If you do not want to do the whole all inclusive package, this is a great way to go. People told me that Grenada was expensive before I went there, however it is not. Plenty of great restaurants with excellent food to a high standard.

Room Tip: If you want complete privacy, choose the cottage, otherwise the house is beautiful.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We spent 10 days in the most beautiful cottage in the wonderfully laid out grounds of the Main House at Epping Forest. Dave, the owner looked after us perfectly. Epping Forest is located away from the main tourist areas but all of Grenada is easily accessible. The sun shone , the wind rustled the palms around the House and for 10 days we were able to forget the hustle & bustle of our busy lives. Thank you Dave, you are one in a million! Good luck at the next poker night!

Room Tip: Take the Little House if you can
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Our stay at Epping Forest was wonderful. We rented the Cottage at the back of the property and it was my perfect "caribbean" hideaway. The grounds around the property were beautiful and what can I say, Dave the owner is one in a million! Our welcome pack more than sufficient with a variety of food and drinks. And the dogs...I miss them. Thank you again for making our stay at Epping Forest so wonderful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Epping Forest Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!