“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Faith Cottage

Faith Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marigot
Faith Cottage
You added Faith Cottage to your Saves list
Main Road, Marigot, Dominica   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Marigot B&B and Inns
Montserrat
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the worst place I have stayed in the Caribbean.
Avoid at all costs.
The owner (Polo), changed his pricing once we had arrived at night and therefore stuck for options. Although he said he had a choice of rooms, none were forthcoming apart from the expensive one he wanted to sell.
Mosquitos galore, measles cup of instant coffee for breakfast, no fan or working A/C. No hot water. In addition there was very loud music from next door until 3AM which turns out to be a club! This he just happened to not mention whilst "stealing" the 60US for the night per person!
He was the worst person I met in Dominica and ruined my last night there.
He runs a taxi service so avoid him like the plague at the airport.
Also avoid Eddie T axis as he recommended this rip-off merchant.
He should be removed from trip advisor!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gareoult, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Thank you polo for this cheap bedroom in your guesthouse. Polo is very nice, he can take you for free at the airport with his van, and will offer you a welcome drink. i was in the simple cheapest room, nice but not like the biggest. Around the Guesthouse, some local bars and restaurants, and so close from the airport for the first and last night in Dominica ! Viva Polo, viva Marigote, viva Dominica.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I arrived to Dominica with my plane in a delay, already in the dark. Had no idea where to go, so asked the airport stuff, what they recommend. They phoned Paul, the owner of Faith Cottage for me. He came by car soon, and free of charge took me to the Cottage. I stayed two nights in a nice double bed room of my own for $45 a night.
The place is really relaxed, and peaceful. Paul was very friendly with me, even took me to his farm he runs, to show me around, and shared his dinner with me.
If you`re in search for a calm place, or simply an accomodation close to the airport, this is the one for you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Cairns, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed here two nights because I wanted to explore the east coast without renting a car but rather by bus. Faith cottage is colorful and literally self-made but it is not well kept. Service is poor, the couple running the business is not very involved, the husband has got too many jobs to really take care of the hostel.
Only a few of the approx. 11 rooms even have daylight, all of them have toilet and shower but the kitchen lacks the basics (e.g. gas to cook with) and everything seemed rather dirty. Don't get me started on the mosquitos!
However, it is located right on the main road through Marigot with a view of the ocean. So if you only need a place to fall down and sleep (providing you carry strong mosquito repellent) you can stay here. Be warned: It still is about 50 USD per night.
Along the east coast there are two other places that might be worth at least giving a call: Carib territory guest house in Crayfish river and My father's place in Marigot. I haven't tried any of those, though.

Room Tip: ask for one with daylight!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Marigot hotels

USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I rolled into Marigot needing a place to stay so I could fly out the next morning (this is the town where the airport is). When I arrived at this place I was greeted by a man in his underwear. When I asked the rate of the cheapest room, I was told US$60. When I said that wasn't in my budget, he said he could do US$45--and then took me to the smallest and least attractive room in his inn, which was empty. He watched rather than helped as I unloaded many bags from my car.

My bedroom was very small and had a funny smell in it, as did the bathroom across the hall.

In general, my stay at this place was not pleasant--even as just a place to overnight.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Faith Cottage? Share your experiences!