“Friendly vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Juana

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vinales
Hostal Juana
Save Saved
You added Hostal Juana to your Saves list
Adela Azcuy Street, Vinales 22400, Cuba   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Vinales
Riga, Latvia
“Friendly vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We (me and my husband) stayed at Juana's hostal in February. They offered us separate house in the yard. Premises were good, separate beds, there is shower in the house and it actually works very good. There are few things (as everywhere in Cuba) which could be improved - air conditioner was placed right above my bed so if it worked I turned quite cold; you can feel that a lot of people have been sleeping on those bed mattresses for many years, and the fridge did not smell very nice when you opened it - but all of this is non of the matter. If you want to avoid stuff like this, stay in the government owned hotels (quality not guaranteed).
Hosts are very polite and helpful. I listened to someones advice to take horse ride when in Vinales. We asked for help to arrange this for us when we arrived at Juanas hostel. And I can recommend it - it was one of the best things we experienced in Cuba. Definitely worth every euro.
Juana cooked really good and we did not need to overpay in cafes. House has good location as well (but all of Vinales is a small village). The quality is very ok for the price you pay. We stayed in different houses during our visit to Cuba and I can say that Huanas house was somewhere in the middle - you can get better houses but you will have to pay more.
My advice: take a car and go to beach at Bahia Santa Lucia. It will cost about 45 euros, the car will take you to the beach where only local people go and very few foreigners come. That day was exceptional! :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights. Juana met us at the bus stop. We were also welcomed by Juana's son-in-law, Pedro, who speaks English. He told us everything we needed to know, as Juana doesn't speak English and our Spanish is not great! Whole family very welcoming and made us feel at home. Nice and clean room with a/c and a very nice shower! Nice breakfasts and delicious dinners (the best 2 meals during our 2 week trip!)- Juana is a great cook! Pedro took us on a beautiful morning hike - Vinales is a must-see on any trip to Cuba!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
pedro luis m, Propietario at Hostal Juana, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I thank you for your visit and for your words about our house; for us it was a pleasure and a memorable experience to work for you because you are great people.
a hug for both and have good day.
Boucherville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were supposed to spend 3 nights but we left after 1 night only. We were very dissapointed as we had read the beautiful reviews. I have seen them clean but there are still bugs going around everywhere, the bathrooms are outdated, no hot water and the bedsheets and towels are old and discoured. I did not feel comfortable at all and we went back to Havana looking for a decent hotel just after 1 night. We love Cuban food and found it bland and without choice. You have to eat what they have that they, even if you feel like something else...
We will not recommend and will not go back there!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed for four nights not with Juana herself but with her brother Luis. They share the same backyard where they have built two little separate houses which serve es excellent cabins for their guests. We loved the privacy of our little house with our own bathroom, the terrace on the top with a breathtaking view over Vinales, and our two rocking chairs at the front door. Breakfast and dinner were both excellent, the pollo from the wood-burning oven is especially great but we also very much enjoyed our lobster dinner. Even though Luis doesn't really speak English and our Spanish is very basic too, we got along extremely well. He really made us feel at home, offering a coffee or Mojito at the right time, organizing bikes and a lovely horseriding expedition for us. And all that for an unbeatable price. There are hundreds of casas in Vinales, but Luis' and Juanas house is definitely at the very top!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed 4 nights with my wife and had a great stay at Hostal Juana. The casa is very clean and comfortable. We recommend taking the walking tour of the valley offered by the casa. Also the food was amazing. Try the fish with yuca fruit or the lobster! The casa also offers bikes for rent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Recently my trip to Viñales I stayed at the Hostal Juana, and I was very pleased with the care provided for at home.
Arriving at the bus stop Juana was waiting for mefor help me whit my luggage;the road was very quick since the house is very near the bus stop.
The room is large and perfect for me and my partner, a big bed and very spacious bathroom, and the food in the house is tasty and pleniful.
We also visited several cultural centers, the valley, the caves , the botanical garden ,and everything is very nice, and at night we went dancing to the park; I liked Viñales because is a charming town, and whith the attentions of Juana is the best place I visited in Cuba.
If you want to feel good in Viñales, visit the Hostal Juana.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I came to stay in October after reading the reviews on this site and all expectations were met. Juana is a great cook, her daughter and husband, both speak English, were very helpful and gave out a lot of information on what to do in the area. They also organised a guide to take me out into the surrounding area to visit the farms and cave for swimming. A great place to stay. Thank you for making my time so relaxing and enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
pedro luis m, Owner at Hostal Juana, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
It's great work for people like you, so we hope you are pleased with our services and we hope that we visited also the next time you come to our country and thank you for your stay in our home and thank you for your words.

Been to Hostal Juana? Share your experiences!