This was our seventh stay at The Crane. The Crane is situated at the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean and is truly a unique property where the views, the pools and the beach simply can't be beat. The units are well appointed and have all the amenities you could want. Each time we visit and bring friends, they can’t believe how beautiful and comfortable The Crane is. I have read complaints from others about the air conditioning, but with the wonderful breezes coming off the ocean, if you closed the windows and used the A/C you would really miss out on hearing the waves crashing and feeling those breezes. If there is an area where it falls short, it is in keeping all the little things (ice makers, coffee makers, dishwashers, etc.) in the units at 100%, which is a tall task for such a large place. I have been told that this is a top priority and that a new system and staffing changes are in place to assure that this happens.
Everyone working at The Crane is friendly and helpful, but on each trip there are a number of Crane staff who really help to make our stay special. This time our special thanks go to Sabrina, our wonderful housekeeper and Lisa, who made sure we had everything we needed in our unit, Susan and Errol at the Carriage House, who make lunch by the pools overlooking the ocean even more enjoyable, Michael and Patrick at the 1887 who made us feel at home, Peter at L’Azure who always managed to find us a table outside even when they were all booked, Maureen who gardens at the pools and makes the plantings look so beautiful and Darnley who is patient and takes the time to listen. I cannot forget Korey, who we met on this trip and got to know a little – thanks for everything.
This is a place you will not forget. We can’t wait for our next visit.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- The Crane Residential Hotel
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Stentorian NV, Agoda, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.