Couldn't upload my pictures...oh, well.....
Loved our stay at The Crane.
The beach plus the entire resort are definitely a top 10.
Stayed as part of Best of Barbados package.
Stayed in a Garden View Junior Suite in building 5.
This resort is amazing and I highly recommend staying here.
The photos I attached do not do it justice.
I do recommend renting a car for a least a few days, Stoutes was excellent in this regard
The Crane is far from any nightlife and restaurants.
The Azure restaurant was very good, the free breakfast was fantastic, and it really was free even the service charge was part of the Best of Barbados deal.
Eat one dinner here, had Filet Mignon, very good, not great.
Fair value for the money, good service. Did not eat at Zen.
Service can be slow, but seems to vary sometimes breakfast took 30 minutes, sometimes over an hour.
With this view though, hard to complain.
Rooms are huge, our Garden Room Suite had a full size fridge with full ice and water dispenser, full stove, oven, micro, coffee maker, etc..
Bath had jacuzzi tub plus nice separate shower.
Room with large balcony, nice large bed, good size TV and DVD player.
AC worked just fine, got the room down to 72-73, never lower, which was fine when it is 88 out, 72 feels pretty cool.
Lots to do on the island if you have a rental car.
Service of maids, staff was always excellent and very friendly.
Beds and all towels were changed daily.
Everything was very clean and grounds were very well kept.
Pool and beach are fantastic.
Surf at beach is fun for body boarding and although you need to swim, you need not be a very good swimmer to be just fine.
I jumped off the cliff ledge, see picture, to do that you must be a very good swimmer as at this depth the current is felt.
If you don't rent a car do walk to 2 places:
1.) Foul Bay - 500 yards from Crane enterance to left toward Airport. Nice secluded beach.
2.) Cutters - 100 yards from Crane enterance to right
good deli and small grocery.
Not many groceries, just the basics, but they have Boar's Head Deli Meats!!! A cutter is their sub/hero/grinder, etc...
Construction noise was never a bother.
Should be done with new pool complex within a couple of months and with 2 more towers a couple of months after that, they are moving fast, and currently the construction can barely be heard from the Private Residences and is only during the day.
It cannot be heard at all from the pool or beach.
wireless Internet worked on my laptop in all areas of this resort, pool and in our suite - free service!!!
Only negative, and it is nit-picking:
3x we had a wake up call that was 15 minutes - 20 minutes late.
The alarm clock in our room did not seem to work, so we tried to rely on wake up calls, but they were not very good at that.
Saw the entire island with our rental car and no other resort looked nearly as nice as The Crane. Maybe Sandy Lane, but that is 10x the price at the Crane.
I wouldn;t stay anywhere else in Barbados.
If you want to party all night and be near all of the tourist action:
clubs, bars, crowds do not stay here, in fact you may want to rethink Barbados.
If you want a romantic holiday at a world class resort in a beautiful setting, stay at The Crane or regret it later.
Save me a Banks,
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- The Crane Residential Hotel
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.