First of all, i will say we had a nice week at the crane. Definately the resort is old but has alot of charm. The only real problem we had was the air conditioner. We stayed in a 1 bedroom oceanfront suite with private pool. Our room was very nice ; just HOT!
I mentioned it 3 different days to 3 different members of the stay and was promised it would be checked out. The maid said it was as good as it gets . The temperature was well above 80 in our room 95% of the time. Our suite was missing several key items such as blender, toaster alarm clock. It took 3 days to get these items. The staff was always very friendly except at lunch on thursday the dining staff were all non-emotional, not rude, just not too pleasant to be around. Construction was definately visible, but was never really an issue for us. We knew in advance about the construction. I think if we would have had a cooler room it would have been great. I guess these problems are common with time-share properties. The beach was beautiful! The pool was nice but the water was very COLD! Not sure if i would go back, not because it was that bad, but there are many resorts much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish