“love the Grove Bar and Grill” 5 of 5 stars

Barbados Tourism Orbitz.com
The Crane Residential Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Crane Beach | Bridgetown, BB18079, Barbados   |
Paris, France
“love the Grove Bar and Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just had to mention what a highlight the Grove bar and grill was, especially thanks to the friendly service offered by Shaka. We just kept coming back. Lovely casual location, fresh grilled fish, rum punch and a smiling face just steps from one of the best beaches on the island. It hardly gets any better!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1,415 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Garden view suite was horrible, first when I went out on my balcony I saw a freakin parking lot, I called to upgrade my room, it took them 1 hour to call me back with sorry, we are booked, room was dusty especially the nightstands, the phone had no face to it, the bathtub, when I turned on the Jacuzzi the wooden panels fell off, I wanted some ice called to ask about ice I was told to go to the bar to get some ice from the bar.. The breakfast sucks and the elevator wasn't working I had my 1 year old with me and my daughter couldn't walk down the stairs to go to the beach.. No one came to clean my room about 6:30pm i called to asky for shower gel and the maid ask me if i wanted my room clean, it was 6:30pm really!!!! So my visit was not pleasant my room was dusty, panels from the jacuzzi falling off, buttons on the jacuzzi broken up no one clean my room, my view was a freakin Parking lot that's not what booked online and it's not kid friendly..the only thing put a smile on my kids face was the pool and the next day elevator was working and I enjoyed the beach but I hated that dusty, ugly view room, they shouldn't charge that much for that room at all. I've seen better and this suppose to be a 4 star hotel Really!! over priced and over-rated still upset behind this... Room 924b yuck!!! I want my money back service sucks..

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Norton Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I went to Barbados during spring break in april, 2014 with my family. We stayed at the Crane. It is a great resort. People are very friendly, willing to help, smile all the time. They arrange all my travel needs in a timely fashion. I remember the housekeeping service taking care of our room, keeping it clean everyday of our stay. The swimming pools are great with great views. all restaurants are great with different experience with great taste of food. They are committed to excellence.What an amazing and fantastic experience we had at the Crane.

Room Tip: The breeze at this location make you enjoy the hot weather with no mosquitos. Building 5 has great v...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Although not residents of the complex my wife and I visited the beach bar and grill while visiting the 6th best beach in the world (allegedly?)
We were made to feel very welcome by the lovely staff, and boy did we enjoy the burgers - they are outstanding, my good lady also took a liking to the Pina Colada's! The setting is something else, very romantic and atmospheric
A hidden gem
Having written this, we may visit again today - next review with pics.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Once again the Crane has proven to be an amazing experience - I have visited there seven times now since 2006. What The Crane is able to control demonstrates their commitment to excellence that allows them to stand above other resorts that I have been to throughout the Caribbean, and why I keep returning. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, and you get the feeling that they appreciate your presence and visit. There is enough staff available to handle your needs, and you will rarely wait in a line to obtain the attention you require, which is somewhat surprising, as the staff at the same time is never in the way. There is a partnership in a sense that you are there to enjoy your stay and the staff is available to support that. Dining in the many restaurants is comparable to fine restaurants in the states - and has quality food and service above what I have experienced anywhere in the Caribbean, without the feeling like you are being rushed to get out the door as many all inclusive or production type resorts leave you with. The resort is clean, gardens maintained, and never trash or debris in sight.

What The Crane is unable to control but is still perfect is amazing weather, you can expect sunny comfortably breezy days around 85 degrees year round - I have been in the spring, fall and winter and have never been let down. Although I have to believe they exist, on my many stays there, I have never seen a rainy day, all day - there are occasional squalls or quick rains that last a half hour and disappear into renewed sunshine. Finally, You will not be able to get enough of the amazingly beautiful pink beach, again kept clean, you can see the staff there at 6am ensuring that it is ready for the day. The views from both the beach and the cliffs are breathtaking. Service at the pools and the beach are top notch.

Room Tip: Pick a suite with an Ocean view - you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The experience at The Crane is always fantastic. Beautiful resort built on a bluff overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean ocean and amazing powder soft pink sand that is Crane Beach. Lounge chairs, umbrellas, and beach towels await guests as well as bar & grill right on the beach. Roman pool is adult only, cascading pool is kid friendly, and some units with their own private pools provide an option for everyone. Rooms are oversized and charmingly elegant. The resort with the crashing waves and strong breeze that makes this place so incredible is also causing it to battle the destructive effects the sea salt has on the structures, appliances and equipment. But all of that is minimal compared to the wonderful resort that sits above Crane Beach.

Room Tip: Plunge pools are freezing cold; not worth the money. But all other units with ocean views are amazi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my 2nd time at the Crane and it's become my favorite place, so much that I now own here! Their sales team is awesome...there are no presentations to attend, you voluntarily walk in and ask for more information.

The grounds feel like its own little town. It's quiet, calm and tranquil with beautiful views. Friendly staff. If you want to get away, look no further!

Love love love and I will be back!

Room Tip: Building 1-5 surround the pool. Building 8 and 9 are closer to the beach access.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
CraneOM, Operations Manager at The Crane Residential Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear latilatilati,

We were thrilled to learn that The Crane has become your favourite place! It really does lend itself to those who want to get away from it all, offering undisturbed seclusion in a naturally beautiful location.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you into The Crane family and we look forward to doing so for many more years to come!

Kind regards,

Korey Boyce
Operations Manager

Been to The Crane Residential Resort? Share your experiences!