It was the 2nd time for my husband and I. We went in 2010 and it was probably the most luxurious holiday I'd been on and we agreed that when we came back to Barbados this was the place to stay. We had to fly out for a wedding this year and this time we had our 11 month old baby.
We stayed in the junior suite in 2010 which was more than enough for a couple, we had a massive bedroom leading off to a balcony on one side and to a "dining room" on the other end. It's still part of the room but carved out so almost seperately. The junior suites have a small kitchen with fridge, microwave and stove and everyday coffee/tea/sweetners are replaced. The bathroom is absolutely massive with 2 basins and a jet tub, massive shower (comfortably fitted 2) and a huge wardrobe. It was just beautiful and we had a view of the gardens in front and tennis court/other rooms and partial view of the sea in the lounge area.
Our stay this year was in a 1 bedroom plunge pool room. Absolutely amazing and the baby loved it as he started walking so had lots of room to explore. Coming in you have a bathroom straight in front of you which is equipped with a shower & toilet, next you enter the kitchen which is also fitted with a washing machine and dryer. This is then followed by a huge dining room and lounge, room again was big and fitted with a cot (at our request) and the same size bathroom as the junior suite including another toilet.
Our holiday was absolutely brilliant again - baby loved the beach and pools and the best thing is I didn't have to leave our room as we had our own plunge pool.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, everything has been spot on both times and I would recomment trying out the Asian restuarant - book in advance as it's a popular haunt for tourists on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish