I was so excited to be staying here and was looking forward to checking into our Deluxe Penthouse with Pool. My Husband arrived earlier than my son and myself and checked in so when we got there we went straight to the room and I was so disappointed.
Our room was at the end of the block and out of the majority of the window all we saw was a building site! I went onto the balcony to go up the stairs to the top deck and there was a strip of algea where the rain water had been running from the stairs. We did have a sea view from the top. I could'nt face seeing the building site for the duration of my stay so we asked to change room.
It took a while but we did get a new room it didn't have a sea view, but at least I wasn't seeing the building work! However the washing machine and dryer were not connected in the room so reception said they would launder our washing free - thank you. But the room was dirty. Upstairs the pool wasn't clean, there were beer bottle tops on the terrace floor, deflated balloons and streamers, plastic cutlery on the roof of the room below. We did phone reception someone came and put the filter in the pool on and cleaned the bottle tops away but the balloons and streamers and things were left.
My husband went to see the manager the next morning - he saw the guest relations manager who sat texting on his phone when my husband was talking to him! He didn't appear to care.
I made a major mistake when booking this hotel - normally I wouldn't pay up front, we did then - you have no come back. This is not a hotel it is a time share property on a lovely beach.
Having said that the swimming pool area is nice but the hotel wasn't any where near full so not sure if it was full how good it would be. The service at the pool wasn't good infact one day the waitress took our order and then disappeared we didn't see her again, we went to the bar and no one knew where she had gone!
The penthouse is a good size and the bed was comfy, though our room was over looking the staff car park and there appeared to be a party! the first night that went on well in to the early hours of the morning keeping us awake - again the management didn't care! No apology when my husband mentioned it, said he'd look in to it but we heard no more.
The restaurants were good quality and not as expensive as I thought they might be. I really enjoyed the L'Azure. The food at Zen was very tasty but I couldn't get over the waitress calling me 'Baby' constantly. D’Onofrio’s Trattoria had nice pizzas but a few items we wanted were not available.
There is an onsite shop but it seems to be the place for hotel workers to go and chat each other up!
Customer Service is none existent at this hotel.
Would I recommend this hotel - No!
Would I stay here again - NO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish