My wife and I just returned from 5 fabulous nights at the Crane celebrating our babymoon. As many reviewers have pointed out, The Crane is a bit out of the way but that's part of the beauty of it, it's completely isolated! I booked an ocean view room with plunge pool as this was a feature that we had on our honeymoon and i wanted to recreate it for our babymoon, i must admit, however, the plunge pool is shaded for most of the day and the water is not heated so unfortunately it was not useable at all. After mentioning this fact to reception, they refered us to Dennis the guest relations manager who took it upon himself to get us upgraded to a beautiful ocean front room with the 28' private pool! This is when our vacation got so much better! Thanks Dennis, you really made our trip! The rooms were identical with the only difference being the pool but what a difference!
The room is equipped with a kitchenette that had everything we needed so we were able to eat breakfast in the room most days and few lunches. On the Friday night we booked the shuttle to go to the Oistins fish fry which was an awesome experience!!! Definately a must do when in Barbados on a Friday night. We also purchased fresh flying fish that night which we cooked in our kitchenette the next day and it was one of the best meals we had on the trip!
The General Store on the property is no where near as overpriced as i thought it would be so we had no issue buying eggs, milk, bread, flour, oil, spices, hot sauce, icecream, etc. to make breafast and lunch in our kitchenette.
The beach is very beautiful but i must say the waves were way too rough to actually enjoy a relaxing swim. You're constantly being tumbled and on the lookout for giant waves so we could only swim for a few minutes every day.
Special thanks to Keisha Boyce at guest services who helped me set up a private in room dinner for my wife with chef Antonio which was fantastic! The food we chose came from the L'Azur menu and the food and experience were wonderful.
We booked the Sunday gospel breakfast which was a bit of a let down food wise. The gospel group were great and certainly brightened our day with their joyful songs. The food however was subpar. The only good thing was the egg/omlette station which is certainly not worth the price you pay for the whole breakfast. However, the amazing view from L'azure restaurant combined with the gospel group and some really good coffee might just be enough to make it worthwhile!
We booked a Couples Harmony package at the Spa and i must admit, it was one of the best spa experiences we've had in the world!!! The staff are extremely professional, friendly and competent (made sure they gave my wife a prenatal massage instead of a deep tissue) and the products they use are of very high quality. Definately worth the extra money!!
The people in Barbados are some of the nicest and friendliest we've ever met and are almost always smiling or giggling which really puts you in a good mood. Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish