We just arrived back from our 4 night stay at the Crane Hotel March 31st.
We had stumbled on an awesome deal on groupon, and decided to head out to barbados.
Was immpecable from the bell boys, to the front desk, and the lady all the way to the right desk at guest services was so much fun to talk to and did a great job helping us plan our trip (i wish could remember her name) Overall the staff personnel here are very freindly and would always say hello and exchange goodmornings or even walk us to our destination.
Restaurant service lacked a sense of urgency, and was too "relaxed" for my taste (I am a New Yorker)
**** JUNIOR our cab driver for the entire trip who we found at the hotel was the HIGHLIGHT of our trip. He was our driver, body guard lol, photographer, tour guide, and most importantly friend! Junior you really made out trip and i hope you get to read this! Thank you for everything ! and we MISS you!
If you need a cab driver (which you will because everything is so far) call or ask for him
(246)237-2773 great rates + always on time
We had breakfast in La azzure by the beach, lunch at the carriage house, and drinks at the bar.
Prices for food are overpriced, as expected. I'd make the trip else where for dinner.
Were Beautful, and well kept, spacious. The room attendant always did a great job. My only complaint here was that the floors looked clean but didn't feel clean. Expect your feet to be black after 15 min of walking barefoot. House keeping really needs to start mopping those floors!
The views in this hotel are AMAAAZINGGGG EVRYWHERE!! from the beach to the pool at the restaurants . JUST BREATHTAKING . Location wise, the crane is pretty far from everything! My advice rent a car or hire JUNIOR. The hotel itself is beautiful too, but is need of better upkeep.
Beach is public but so secluded its really just your own.
Overall I do think the groupon price is fair and would return for a second stay, however if you are paying full price for your stay i dont think its worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish