This was our first trip to the Crane and we had read reviews, but obviously missed the ones about air conditioning. Our first room (a garden suite) did not have a working air conditioner or hot water. The manager moved us to another room across the street (1 bedroom villa with a private pool). It was further from the ocean, but provided great views and our own pool to lay out. There is not much to do outside of the resort (you need a car or a driver to take you around), but the beach is GREAT, the views are FANTASTIC, and the staff is VERY FRIENDLY, albeit a little slow at honoring request. We ate at the Carriage House (great food), the ZEN (average food and slow service), and the L'Azure (dinner was above average and breakfast was ok, but the view cannot be beat!!) Overall we enjoyed the trip and will probably stay at the Crane again, but will definitely check on air conditioning status as soon as we get in the room.
We do recommend the Crane if you want a relaxing vacation with wonderful views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Amex, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish