The Crane is a sprawling resort on the island's east coast that is currently undergoing expansion, although that did not have any negative impact on our time there. We stayed for five nights, and there was plenty to do in terms of food (four restaurants, two of which were excellent, Zen and L'Azure) and relaxation. However, the resort is simply far away from the island's high end restaurants or watersports and activities. It's a great place to unwind and relax, the Cliffside scenery is spectacular, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the food was good to very good, and the room was huge and extremely comfortable.
On the downside: the place runs on "island time". Nothing is rushed, restaurants that are supposed to open for lunch at noon open closer to 1230. The hot tub near the carriage house is not heated at all, and the place shuts down fairly early in the evenings. Also, on weekends grabbing lunch can be a bit of a chore, as it seems there are too many guests for not enough lunch spots. And as I mentioned, you can expect a fifty to sixty minute cab ride to the island's high end restaurants on the island's east coast.
On the upside: our trip was booked through a third party website that informed us there were no cancellations or scheduling changes. However, when a major snowstorm cut us off by two days, The Crane eventually refunded the portion of our trip we missed. It took some time and many calls, but they did the right thing. BIG points to them for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish