My family and myself have visited and vacationed in Barbados many times over the past twelve years, and enjoyed every visit
Several times on earlier trips we visited The Crane, for lunch, to wander the beautifully landscaped grounds, and to walk and lie on the magnificent beach; and said “We should stay here next year”
This year (last week) Susan and I finally decided to stay at The Crane What a wonderful experience it was.
Nuff said by other reviewers about the facilities, the food, and the grounds. The facilities are exactly as shown in the website http://www.thecrane.com ; but better in person.
What sets The Crane apart for us, is the friendly welcoming and helpful members of the team at The Crane. Starting with the warm welcome at the registration desk, to the pleasant and friendly servers in the restaurants, the maintenance people, the housekeepers, the IT guy who came promptly to help me with my laptop, and the gardening team; they all have a friendly good morning or hello or whatever. The Crane people will keep us coming back, and singing their praises to friends and acquaintances,
Sunday breakfast/brunch at L’Azure includes a performance of Gospel music by a local group who were very good, singing a variety of great gospel songs. This is not to be missed.
Our only regret is that our stay was an all too short 7 days - of outstanding service
Don and Susan M - Toronto
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- The Crane Residential Hotel
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.