We just returned from a wonderful vacation at The Crane. There are so many things that I could tell you about this property. We stayed as a family in the Penthouse suite of building 9. It was absolutely amazing and the views were breathtaking. A gorgeous sunrise every morning. More than enough space and bathrooms for a family of 5.
The grounds were beautiful and very expansive. You could walk around the grounds for over an hour, discovering all the pools and pathways that The Crane has to offer and taking some pretty amazing pictures.
I love the history of the Crane as well. It was a port for the ships from Europe and because it is situated so high on a cliff, there was an actual Crane that would raise and lower the merchandise. There was a hotel built on the top of this cliff and it is still there today. You can rent the rooms in the original hotel. And the restaurant The Carriage House, was the original carriage house where the horses and carriage were kept. One more tidbit of history. Back in the day when the women weren't allowed to be seen by men while in the ocean, there was a stairway that was built for the women to reach Crane beach. Parts of it are still there today! Really neat.
Aside from the cool history, The Crane has everything going for it. Private pools where you have no problem finding a chair, restaurants that are really great, a village where you can buy almost everything you would need and 1 of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. Crane beach does have some pretty powerful waves, so it's a little nerve wracking for parents of younger kids. But the older kids and adults really loved the body surfing and boogie boarding that can be enjoyed here.
The Crane really had everything you could possibly want on a holiday. And the staff at the Crane were very accommodating, helpful and friendly. Especially Cory at the beach hut. He was there every morning with a smile and a helping hand. And whenever you needed a drink or some food, he was there for you all day. The guy was amazing. He even gave my hubby fishing advice on the days when my husband would throw a line in off the rocks. He added a lot to the ease of being on the beach.
And a final shout out to Sandra and her cleaning crew for keeping our place clean and tidy and for helping us out on our last day.
All in all it was a great vacation for the family and we will definitely go back if the opportunity arises.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- The Crane Residential Hotel
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.