This was our 4/5 visit and although I love the beach it really needs to attend to some essential things.
We've visited and watched the development with interest and have stayed their now several times.
Sadly the list of problems, although fairly minor added up and they really need to up their game to compete with other 4/5* star establishments.
Firstly, on arrival no safe in room or hairdryer, although there were holes where they should have been! Got them reinstalled after a few days. Glass top on table covered in smeary film.
No do not disturb or please service room signs. Towels were tiny, smallest I've encountered in a hotel.
Coffee machine in icecream parlour was broken for duration of visit, as was the lift to the beach.
Jacuzzi in pool complex was either closed or very cloudy. Other pools were not sparkling and clean, water cloudy with debris. Plus saw pool men sprinkling powders into pools during day, surely this should be done at night.
No entertainment in bar, caught end of guitarist once, no notification of him, or anyone else.
The general store shelves were half empty, unable to get what we wanted. Came back at 10.50pm one night to find bar closed!!
Such a shame as I want the Crane to succeed.
Lastly, for 3 days our peace and quiet was spoilt by a gang of 9 feral youngsters running around in a pack, none more than 10 years old unsupervised, screaming at the top of their voices. Management should be more proactive to stop this happening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish