We spend the day yesterday at The Crane. They have an unadvertised deal where you can spend the day at The Crane for $25 BBD ($12.50 US). You get access to the beach and the money you spend can be used as a credit at their restaurants. We also checked out the pools.
The beach at The Crane (Crane beach) is pretty nice though the surf can be a little harsh (though fun to play in). The grounds are also very nice. While the pools look really nice, I have to say they are disappointing as they are too shallow. While they say four feet, they are really three feet, (unless I've been 8 feet tall).
We had lunch at the Azure restaurant overlooking the beach.
Since your entry fee gives you equal credit at the restaurants, you can view it as almost a free day and as such I have to recommend it.
We can in from Hastings so the bus ride was about 40 minutes exactly. The bus stops right in front of the Crane.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish