This was our second trip to The Crane. We went in November 2012 for our 25th anniversary. Ee wanted to go to a special place. The Crane is a very special place. We love it there. We had a beautiful ocean front room. Thank you Mr. Korey Boyce for the upgrade, very grateful for that.
The grounds and views of the ocean are outstanding. Having breakfast at L'Azure while looking at the beautiful beach is breathtaking. As for the beach itself, it is outstanding. Beautiful pink sand and plenty of chairs with umbrellas. We were unable to go int o the ocean though. It was way to rough for us. Very few people actually went in. If you want a calm beach, go to Accra or Miami Beach, both wonderful.
We enjoyed all the restaurants, L'Azure and Zen our our favorites and both with gorgeous views of the beach.
The pool was great. As full as the resort was, you could always find a quiet place. I do agree with a prior post about the "towel cards". One towel per person and only if you have a card is a little silly for a 5 star resort in my opinion. We like one towel for the chair and one to dry off with, not possible with this system.
We found the staff to be extremely friendly, both times we were there in fact. Day or night if you walked past a staff member they would always have a smile and say hello. Housekeeping did a wonderful job everyday.
We are planning our next trip there as we speak.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- The Crane Residential Hotel
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.