We arrived at the Crane on Christmas Day and were immediately greeted by friendly staff and equally friendly complimentary rum punches. Afterwards we were shown to our room: a gorgeous ocean view with two bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room and balcony that afforded a 180-degree view of the ocean. It was a stunning outlook; we spent long tracts of time that day and for the duration of our stay just gazing down at the turquoise waves that crashed against the rocks below. At night, the moon and stars lit up the sky and sea. The sight was breathtaking.
Scuba diving was my primary activity during my stay in Barbados, but Juanita at Guest Services helpfully booked me other activities that I could enjoy while I wasn't diving. And although I balked at her playful suggestion of ziplining, I did enjoy the island safari tour that took in stunning prospects of Bathsheba and Little Bay. Jefferson, my driver, provided excellent conversation and company as he drove me to and from Dive Barbados Blue each day. It was a genuine pleasure to meet those two, as well as the others at Guest Services.
Notable food mentions: the Thod Gratiem (jumbo prawns with hot pepper and chopped garlic) at Zen's was superb and the spicy seafood pasta at D'Onofrio's is a must to try if you dine there. Beverage-wise, the bartender at 1887 shook up some wonderfully refreshing drinks (and thank you for the complimentary rum punches on departure!).
The days and nights were full and passed by much too quickly. At the end of our stay, the New Year's Eve masquerade dinner and party provided us with many wonderful memories to start 2013.
The Crane is a beautiful and peaceful retreat, and I hope that my travels will take me back there one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish