My husband and I and our 2 sons ages 9 and 11 have visited the Crane 3 times and are planning our 4th for March of this year. This resort is amazing - so beautiful and relaxing. Absolutely breathtaking. Pay no attention to any review that says this is an "awful hotel" - it is not to be believed. I will upload a few pictures from our trip. Maybe I could have found a dirty window if I looked for one (afterall there is some construction going on) - but the resort is breathtaking - why would I waste one minute lookng for a dirty window to photograph? Our experience has been that the resort employees are always friendly and attentive and the grounds are immacculate. The restaurants are very good and the prices are comparable to other restaurants on the island. We have tried them all and our experiences have ranged from good to excellent. The little market at the resort has very inexpensive fresh bake goods each day at a very reasonable price. The Restaurant at the top of the pool complex is also affordable and very good. We also LOVE to get food from a local restarant off grounds - the Crane Palms - great food for a very reasonable price. We have walked there to eat and we have had it delivered. I highly recommend it!! The resort is isolated from the busier parts of the island but we love this about the resort. We come here to unwind, relax and enjoy one another. We spend our days between the beach - jumping in the waves, boogy boarding, swimmin in the pools, using the fitness center and relaxing in our large one bedroom suite whcih is very comfortable and absolutely gorgeous. The resort is very secure and safe and our boys love to show off a little independence and walk by themselves to get an ice cream or a soda and a snack, or shop in one of the gift shops on the resort grounds.
If you are looking for lively night life with a spring break feel this resort is not for you. If you are looking for a place to completely unwind, rest, relax and rejuvenate while enjoying one of the most gorgeous beaches / resorts in the world, this is the place for you!!
I suspect that those that give this resort less than 4 stars either did not do their homework and were expecting to be in the middle of the happy hours and nightlife or they are people who are difficult to impossible to please.
All I know is we can't wait to come back - I can almost taste the delicous welcome rum punch already!! See you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish