This was our ninth visit to The Crane and it did not disappoint. We were in a lovely plunge pool unit in Building 5, which we had not been in before. The views were spectacular. Sabrina and Diana, our housekeepers are simply the best. They each did their best to make us feel comfortable and welcome. I must say that I sleep better there than I do at home. We leave the doors to the terrace open and fall aslep to the sound of the ocean.
We ate at each of the restaurants during this stay. We always enjoy our meals at Zen and this was no exception. While the food at L'Azure has improved (I had a wonderful sea bass with lentils), the service is still slow and uninspired. At Donofrio's the risotto with smoked salmon was simply wonderful, the pizza just okay. Waiple is a very effecient hostess and Cloethe attended to our every need and made us feel at home (they should have her train some of the wait staff at L'Azure). The Carriage House for lunch was great. Erroll and Susan always make us feel welcome. If I could have one additional service, it would be to have consistent food and beverage service at the pools. You tend to get so lazy lying by the pools that getting up just seems like too much effort! I do realize that we were not there during high season and they will likely change this when I visit again in February. Each morning my husband would go to the front desk to get the local paper and stop at the pasty/ice cream shop to bring me a croissant. The shop is a great addition.
Stephen at the front desk was very helpful. The paperwork process for checkout is rather lengthy and he did his best to make it as quick as possible and did it with a smile. James, who used to be at the front desk, now has a new job and could not have been more helpful when I asked for something. He went out of his way to find me at the pool to give me the answer. Overall, all of the staff are friendly and helpful. It is rare that you will pass a staff member walking along one of the many paths, who will not say hello.
Can't wait to go again.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.