Back in October I start looking for a perfect destination for spending winter holiday vacation. For the past 5 years we ( 2 families - 4 adults & 3 children ) spent all winter vacations in warm beautiful places: Atlantis- Bahamas, Beaches -Turks & Caicos, Ritz Carlton - St. Thomas, Now Jade Riviera Cancun, Hilton Waikiki Beach - Honolulu...we like to leave the cold weather of northern East Coast for warm destinations. This year we had to decide between Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort and The Crane - St Phillip, Barbados ...we have been around Barbados area ( Grenada, Bon Air) and learned that in December the temperatures are motly in the mid 80's and therefore we decided for Barbados...We arrived at the airport and we start waiting for the hotel transfer...after waiting over 45 minutes we decided to take matter in our hands and approached other transfer companies ( from other hotels) for help... They were more than happy to help and that's how we got to the hotel.
Arrival at the hotel: no greeters, no welcome drinks and only 1 person manning the Reception and he did a great job considering he had to handle also the incoming phone calls. Very good service with luggages brought to rooms.
Rooms: good quality rooms but missing the elementaries: only 2 big towels for 4 people, no tissues - we had to clean off the dust ( quite thick) from all closets before unpacking. After spending the first night with the A/C not working we called reception for help: 10 minutes later technician came and fixed the issue in 2 seconds ( hillarious!!!!) by flipping the A/C switches to HEAT from COLD ( options: HEAT, OFF, COLD). When we booked room by the park ( the only option at the time) our assumptions were that like the name, will have a view of a luxurious tropical garden...instead all we see are rusted cranes, excavators, and constraction equipment ( literaly!!!) 30 feet from our balcony. We have plenty of pictures but do not know how to upload at this point.
This is quite dissapointing considering we paid over US$1200 per day per room( no, it does not includes the air fare) . We still have another 8 days to stay... It's Christmas: Merry Christmas !!! If the manager wants to reply he can contact us in the rooms: 3627, 3729.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- The Crane Residential Hotel
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.