We have been travelling to Barbados and The Crane for many years now. We had the pleasure once again to stay at The Crane and thought we'd try something different and stayed in the Park Residences, a one-bedroom penthouse with the rooftop pool. I must say the room was amazing and met my expectations. The rooftop deck along with the view was incredible. I was in awe every time I went up, with a corner unit we had almost 360 degree views - wow! Having the barbeque was a bonus for us as gave us the opportunity to cook a lot of things we normally wouldn't as didn't want to start up the oven.
My only small complaint of the trip was the roof top pool cleaning. with the heat it started to grow some algae/grime which didn't make it very appealing. I didn't realize we needed to ask to get this done but I now know for next time. And when it was finally cleaned it wasn't done thoroughly. A very minor technicality overall.
I can't wait to go back for a quick one week trip in February.
Yes, The Crane is one of my favorite things :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, BookIt.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish