We stayed for two weeks in unit 522 at the Crane Residences during November and December 2012. This is a one bed, two bath ocean view apartment with full kitchen and plenty of space. About 1050 sq ft including the balcony. The Crane is an excellent resort but there were a few issues which I will try to be objective about to give the right balance. Would we stay here again? Definitely!
The Crane property is well looked after and the gardens are lush and beautiful. Many of the pools are full of fish and waterfalls are lit up with coloured lights at night. Security is at the gate to the property and patrols the grounds day and night.
The unit was beautifully clean on first inspection but some deep clean items were noted. There are also some maintenance issues and the kitchen equipment can only be described as adequate. That said and rather puzzlingly we asked for extras and got them without delay. For example we had to ask for wine glasses, an item that should be standard in a Gold Crown resort and within an hour, 4 had been delivered.
For those wishing to cook, there was only a very small pan and an equally small steamer. I asked for and got a chopping board, a baking dish, a large cooking pot, a can opener a plug for the kitchen sink and a Pyrex serving dish. It’s just strange that we needed to ask for the above.
The furniture is delightful and there were two large flat screen TVs with a decent selection of programs. Sad that they didn’t work when we arrived and it took two engineers to get a picture so my husband could watch the Barclays Premier soccer. Again, once I asked it was done but there seems to be a lack of pro-active maintenance here.
The above comments serve to detract from a really top mark for this resort which is otherwise probably the best timeshare on the Island. The four poster bed is enormous and the bathroom is huge containing a Jacuzzi bath, walk in shower, and two sinks. The maid came daily but unless you ask, there are only two dishwasher tablets to last the week! Ask and they shall be delivered.
Best things about resort, the beach, the pools, Zen restaurant (Thai and Japanese) and the friendly nature of the staff. Free Wi-Fi in unit and free phone calls including international calls via VOIP. The tap water is also drinkable and pleasant.
There is a cooling breeze off the sea and we did not need to use the air-conditioning (there is a charge of $1 US per hour for the air-con so the breeze is REALLY good). I note that another guest staying at the same time as us complained about the air-conditioning. Firstly I would not recommend closing the shutters in this apartment as it simply cuts out the cooling breeze but the resort replaced the air-con condenser in block 5 the week after the other guest left.
The Crane is an excellent resort for couples, families and for singles who want to relax without night life. The staff is friendly and helpful, with daily housekeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Regatta Hotels, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish