My husband and I spent 1 night at The Crane in Barbados (a chance to experience Barbados while at the same time, avoiding an awkwardly long connection at the airport).
We only stayed one night, but we were immediately captivated by the stunning views, gorgeous beach, immaculate pools and landscaped gardens. Our room (just a standard garden view) was equally magnificent, with heirloom furnishings, roman tub and large separate stand up shower....
While this resort is not an all-inclusive, every unit is fully furnished with a kitchenette (the better the room category, the fuller the kitchen I'm told) and cooking utensils (which is great if you're on a budget) On top of the 5 star amenities that the resort offers (great restaurants & bars, daily maid service, spa and fitness centre on site, duty free shops, etc), it's also got its very own self-sufficient village where you can buy groceries, go for coffee, meet for drinks, etc. (Pretty fabulous selection of wines at the General Store). We had free wi-fi at the resort and computers in the lobby too if you didn't think to bring your own laptop. This resort is also a time-share....if we were ever to consider doing a time share, we think this just might be the place!
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- The Crane Residential Hotel
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.