We are long-time visitors to Barbados and The Crane and have really enjoyed the island and the resort each time.
Our room (ocean view with a plunge pool) was heavenly as always and I must mention the absolute terrific service that Diana, our chambermaid, carried out each day. She is an absolute star!
The other positives were the Beach (simply incredible), the Carriage House (great food), 1887 bar (friendly service) and D'Onofrio's (so good we went twice). The gospel breakfast buffet is a must on Sunday mornings as well.
The main negative though was our experience at L'Azure which was nothing short of disgraceful. The food is brilliant but unfortunately the kitchen is let-down by the service staff who were at times dis-interested, dis-honest, rude and not a reflection of the service elsewhere in Barbados or even at the Crane. The service became so bad it was bordering on hilarity at times. The place descended into chaos as other tables left as they had not received any food.
Checking out was slightly onerous as well but that is a minor complaint.
The resort is beautiful and hugely relaxing. If they fix the issues at L'Azure, then I'd recommend the Crane to all and sundry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish