My husband and I stayed at the Crane Hotel in Barbados in October 2012.
Pros: The hotel is beautiful and huge! The rooms are great, large and with all the amenitiies. We stayed in a garden room (one of the lower priced ones) and it was still excellent. The beach is beautiful and secluded so that hotel guests are pretty much the only people on it (minus a few locals selling coconuts drinks). Although the water is a little rough, it was not too much to handle. The food is good as well. We would highly recommend the japanese/thai restaurant. It requires reservations, but is definitly worth it. The hotel is very family and couple friendly. It has great pools too. The hotel has everything you could need. No need to venture out unless you are going on a catamaran cruise (which we highly recommend Cool Runnings!).
Cons: The location of the hotel is on the southeast side of the island. It is very secluded from night life, other restaurants, etc. Some excursions even charge more for picking you up at the crane. It can be a little pricey to stay here. However, it is much more expensive to stay on the south or west side of the island. We used priceline and got a really good deal. There are two places to eat breakfast most mornings. There is a buffet, which is very expensive and a little coffee shop that serves croissants. Be prepared for the service to be extremely slow at the restaurant. It wasnt a problem for us because we were in Barbados to relax, but it took us 2.5 hours one afternoon to be served lunch. As long as you are prepared, it is not too bad.
Overall, it was a great experience and we would definatly return. The seclusion is nice for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Splendia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish