Visited this wonderul resort for a family member's wedding. Everything was perfect, from Keisha, to Roddy at the beach, HSKP, guest services, front desk clerks, spa attendants, duty free associates, everyone we encountered displayed utmost professionalism and genuine service. All members of the wedding party had a great time. The beach was never crowded and if you wanted it all to yourself you can go from 5:30am-7:00am at this time of the year and no more than 3 or 5 people can be seen beach. Even during peak times there is always some where on the resort to get some R&R without being disturbed and I couldnt' be happier that we picked this time of the year to visit. The food was also top notch!
Although the waters can be rough, I consider myself an intermediate swimmer and had no difficulties. On our final day, my father unfortunately got knocked over by a large wave and cut his head. The beach attendants/life guards were quick to spot my father and provided assistance. Since he was left in such good hands I continued to enjoy whatever time I had left in the beach and left him with the life guards. Guest services sent an onsite nurse to tend to my father after he arrived to his room and provided a late check out until we departed to the airport. He is doing just fine and despite the accident he along with everyone else thoroughly enjoyed their time at the Crane made possible by the amazing staff and atmosphere.
I've read some of the reviews prior to my arrival and thanks to the GM's tips to some people who just seems to be complainers, we kept our two bedroom suite windows closed and the AC was just fine (maybe not as powerful as I'm use to back in Canada, but you're in the Carribean! and from a fellow hotel manager I can fully appreciate the challenges that may arise with a building that was built over a century ago!) The other buildings that the wedding guests stayed in had no such issues, in fact some of the ladies complained the AC was too powerful overnight and had to use their blankets. Even if the AC was broken (it wasn't) in room 231A&B I would not have trade it for another room, the views were amazing!
Definitely geared towards families & couples but I wouldn't say it's not for singles either. We ventured off the resort and Guest services arranged shuttle to transport us to different areas of the island anywhere from 15min-30min. If you are travelling with a bunch of singles I would highly suggest the Crane and pay the extra $$ for transportation as none of the resorts offer what the Crane have in scenery.
You may want to have someone look into the single bedroom in 231 shower, it only had hot water but I didn't care nor did I report it (sorry), I just used the one in the adjoining living room as I was more concerned of not wasting any minute of my time complaining about anything.
Thumbs up to all the staff and I'll definitely be returning!
- Also Known As:
- The Crane Residential Hotel Saint Philip
- The Crane Residential Hotel
- Crane Hotel Saint Philip
- Crane Saint Philip
- Crane Barbados
- The Crane Barbados
- Crane Hotel
- Crane Hotel Barbados
- Crane Resort Barbados
- The Crane Residential Resort Barbados/Saint Philip Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched dramatically on the cliffs of Barbados' pristine south-east coast, The Crane Residential Resort, established since 1887, is the island's oldest operating hotel. Transformed into a world-class luxury resort, The Crane features ultra-spacious, fully appointed ocean-view one & two bedroom suites and three bedroom Penthouses, many with their own private plunge-pool. Facilities include the acclaimed Zen Restaurant serving classic Thai and Japanese cuisine and the consistently popular L'Azure Restaurant. The casual Carriage House Pool Side restaurant is another favourite along with D'Onofrio's Trattoria located in 'The Village' which offers duty free shopping, a General Store, Bar 1887 (with nightly live entertainment) and The Village Cafe. Last but not least is Crane Beach voted by Lifestyle's of The Rich and Famous as one of the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, now with a fabulous Beach Grill! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Crane Residential Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.